just really lucky

bigbossin

sunny san diego
Vehicle Model
Focus st
Body Style
Hatch
well these past 3 days i drove from oklahoma to san diego cali and on the way i ran over a semi tire :( i was so scared i pulled over right away to make sure nothing mechanically wrong. i was in the clear but i did rip of some plastic under the front bumper

was it black plastic, or an actual part of your painted bumper? Depending on what it is, you could get a replacement piece

but i did rip of some plastic under the front bumper

did you pick it up off the road? ^^ pics of the piece that came off?

You were pretty lucky. Out here in MD, we such extreme heat last week, that parts of Route 50 were Buckling. I passed a State Highway Truck one day, and there was a big chunk of pavement opened up, and there were chunks of concrete all over the road, plus 6 cars on the shoulder that weren't so lucky as to miss the hole and chunks of concrete. There are still a few holes in the road, that when you are cruising along at 70-75 mph in traffic, it's pretty easy not to notice until it is too late. Plus Sunday they actually had to close the road at one point, because it had gotten so bad.

I hit a tire like that once, but I was lucky enough to run over it, so there was no damage to my vehicle at the time.

Back