K&n typhoon intake

Comments when I just remember was that even on K and then website under typhoon intake for civic models, they say that the addition of 10 horsepower is without an exhaust or a tune. They also said that for the additional 10 pounds of torque for the car as well from their webpage.

You're not gonna make any power without tune. Sorry

You're gonna be sacrificing power by putting basically any bolt on to this car except for like a Catback which depending on the type it could show a decrease in power also. The ecu in cars are evolving and our cars ecu' are veryyyyy sensitive. if you want to do any engine mods I seriously recommend Saving up and getting a flashpro.

You're gonna be sacrificing power by putting basically any bolt on to this car except for like a Catback which depending on the type it could show a decrease in power also. The ecu in cars are evolving and our cars ecu' are veryyyyy sensitive. if you want to do any engine mods I seriously recommend Saving up and getting a flashpro.
Well, I guess I'm just not used to hearing this. Lol :-( I'm just putting one or two basic bolt ons on to a car just like everyone else is here without any decent tune and getting at least 8 to 10 additional horsepower and pounds of torque. Thanks anyway I appreciate it.

Also, if you're getting an intake, I wouldn't recommend a K&N... Not only because the smaller piping but because they just make a cheap product that people will buy. you wouldn't have much gain at all from it. But let us know how everything g turns out.. why get 8-10 hp and risking the internals of your car instead of 20 hp with a tune?

Also, if you're getting an intake, I wouldn't recommend a K&N... Not only because the smaller piping but because they just make a cheap product that people will buy. you wouldn't have much gain at all from it. But let us know how everything g turns out.. why get 8-10 hp and risking the internals of your car instead of 20 hp with a tune?
I was going to get the typhoon in today because I heard good recommendations about all of this website. As far as what I'm going to do, I probably won't want to do anything, because I'm not a little kid anymore I'm not engine tuning my car just because I have a Civic Si doesn't mean I have to put parts on it like crazy. I enjoy the car for what it is. It would have been nice to get a little bit louder, but if I'm going to lose power all just sound like a ricer on the road which obviously I don't want to be like. My car is all JDM.

Back