kseriescivic's path to S/C !

The "leak sound" I've read several times from others that it is just a characteristic of the catless DP design. Nothing wrong at all just a noise it normally makes.

BTW really liking the way your going about mods! Makes me wish I had a better job to dump money into my car lol keep it bro!:brock:

Thanks, unfortunately I'm done modding my si. My dad has a 2012 also that he's about to pay off, give to my younger brother and take over my payments so I can build some sort of boosted b18c. I know the "hiss" sound is normal for a aftermarket header/downpipe. On cold start and driving around town I get a nasty rasp sound instead of the mellow hiss sound. I'm guessing the motor mount is shot and when the motor torques creates some sort of leak and makes my dp rub like a mother. I'll get a hasport rmm and all should be good.

Keep in mind that downpipes and exhausts sound different (can get louder or quieter) after breaking in, say, a couple hundred miles

Keep it up. If you can, it'll be much better if you keep all pictures in the first post. Your build thread will look much cleaner, and it'll be easier for viewers to follow your journey. :thumb:

Well I got my 70a rmm last night and just got done installing it today. The rubbing still happens somewhat and that nasty airy noise is still happening. I think my downpipe is leaking where the head meets the downpipe so I'm going to tighten those nuts tomorrow and see if that helps. Probably throw some loctite on too.

Well I got my 70a rmm last night and just got done installing it today. The rubbing still happens somewhat and that nasty airy noise is still happening. I think my downpipe is leaking where the head meets the downpipe so I'm going to tighten those nuts tomorrow and see if that helps. Probably throw some loctite on too.
It's definitely a leak lolView attachment 49885
Ouch! I don't think tightening the bolts is gonna help @kseriescivic
That's broke real good :(
Please let us know what Full Race says and how they handle the replacement.

Yes guys I have contacted full-race and they have been great. I'll update Monday when then contact me.

Edit - talked to Patrick at full-race late yesterday and most of today. Should get my new downpipe shipped out today and hopefully receive it sometime Thursday. I can't wait for my car to sound normal again lol....and for the people saying aftermarket downpipes hiss is too loud, they need to ride in my car and then one with the dp properly installed with no leaks.

Edit 2 - replaced cracked DP with new one from full race....zero rubbing and no more leak thanks to the 70a RMM. Car is fun to drive again!!

Last edited:
Back