Led and drl questions

budurka29

Ok i need to know why are the drl and HIGHBEAMS the same bulb for one!?

And what are low beams and drl ? Diff between them? Say i have my lights on auto .. Its fogs and drl ? But the indicator is low beams ? Are low beams drl? No cause its a diff bulb size so tf !! Im lost .... And i wana put led's in ... But led's in what and how .. And wtf im so lost on probly the dumbest question.. Can some 1 please explain how to do a full led install iv seen pics looks great! But heard people blowing them wen high beams got hit on ? Or fuses blown or what? Can i have a simple install!?

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/diy-bright-white-led-drls.5550/

DRL run from your high beam bulb, but they run at a different voltage. If you try to run LED bulbs in the high beam, you will essentially lose all functionality to the high beams. They will not project light on the road like normal high beams. For some people who never use their high beams, that may not be an issue. Read the info at the link above if you're interested in doing it.

Iv read that whole post and thats why i made my own just a bit confused and some links broken :s

Ok so i get 2 of those so $30 . And low powered leds .. Now how can i make sure im not running with my illegal colored lights and not no it can u hook it up to a switch

iJDM Toy gas a DRL kit that I'm running. Like Webby said, the DRLs look great, but basically no high beams.

I live in the city no need for high beams just wana make sure im not running the color by mistake

In a lot of states its illegal to have blue or red lights on your vehicle as they are reserved for emergency vehicles. The high beams and drl are the same bulb. The low beams are a seperate bulb. By replacing the high beam bulb with leds you lose high beam functionality.

naw, i think that would look good.

That was my biggest concern is i dont wana spend money and it look stupid :/ but my whole car has a red theme .. But maybe ill get just a blue tinted light or xeo bulbs for a bluish tint affect

Ok so i get 2 of those so $30 . And low powered leds .. Now how can i make sure im not running with my illegal colored lights and not no it can u hook it up to a switch

You need three things.

LED bulbs 9005
Vled DRL modules to run the LED at full power at all times
DRL decoder so you won't get a DRL error light (http://www.ebay.com/itm/330940078458?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT)

Install the DRL decoder then -> VLed Modules then -> LED bulbs

Simple and straight forward install.

Back