Left Foot Brake

I'm not too sure why he was braking and pressing the gas at the same time. I saw this yesterday and the tips he was saying are pretty useful.

Well those with Quife ATB diffs will love this technique according to Chris Harris. They require some power (torque) to activate so if you left foot brake, the diff would be "locked/engaged" already by corner exit and you can just blast out of the corner.

Another one if anyone cares. A bit blurry though.

I can't watch the videos but if it's a turbo car they could be brake boosting to build pressure for when they let off the brake fully. Also pressing the brake to slow the car while keeping your foot on the gas would allow you to not have any delay in getting back on the gas at corner exit. I guess tricking the LSD is one use of it also.

Brake Boost Technique: Gradually apply the brakes, as you gradually apply more gas pedal......the trick is to maintain the same mph while rolling (say 40mph), while gradually adding more gas pedal, in turn creating a load on the motor as it loads against the drivetrain. This will in turn start spooling the turbo(s). Once you have a desired amount of boost built up, you release the brakes and mash the gas.

Last edited:
Rear or front WD... There's reason to use the brake while using the gas, that has nothing to do with the engine. It's to prep the balance of the car going towards and into the turn, so when you apply more brake as needed it won't make the cars front end dive, and with the brake on while late into the turn you can ease off the brake without ill effects.
The main thing is controlling the dive by pre compressing the frt.

I know. It's like heel-toe-shifting.

Back