Let me introduce myself

I'll be buying some RS3s again soon. I just need to decide if I'm going to keep this car or get another musclecar.

@Rudy@tirerack , you might know the answer to this question. There's a local seller on CL who is selling a set of OZ Racing Alleggerita HLT in orange. The only problem is that one wheel has a minor curb rash on the lip. Do you know the exact paint color for these orange wheels? Or a close enough color? I figured that I can just fix up the curb rash and use touch up paint from an auto store. Thanks.
00K0K_gwFOhGu49DF_600x450.jpg

We do not sell a touch paint. We also do not have a paint code. Sorry. I would just recommend matching by eye as close as possible.

@Rudy@tirerack do you have an estimated date on when 225/45/17 RS-3s will be in stock? I'm about to buy the dunlops instead but I would prefer to buy the Hankooks for tracking. First track day is April 12th!

Thanks everyone! I work out of the South Bend, Indiana office which is our headquarters. I see you're local! Stop by the Tire Rack sometime when your in the area and I can give you a little tour.
Wow no way man, small world, I used to take my del sol out there with matt from the porsche club SCCA. I miss that track man, seriously one of the best ones I've been on. Staff is always super awesome and very helpful, nice big showroom too. Go ND!

Awesome!! Hit me up if I can help. Also please remember if you order online reference "9th Civic" so we know the sale was generated from this forum.

Wow no way man, small world, I used to take my del sol out there with matt from the porsche club SCCA. I miss that track man, seriously one of the best ones I've been on. Staff is always super awesome and very helpful, nice big showroom too. Go ND!

Yeah it's a very nice set up. Hopefully you will make it back up here sometime. If so look me up and I will give you a little tour. The Tire Rack has changed a TON over the last 10 years.

Yeah it's a very nice set up. Hopefully you will make it back up here sometime. If so look me up and I will give you a little tour. The Tire Rack has changed a TON over the last 10 years.
Nice man, I look forward to it! Quick question though, I have the civic ex coupe, all stock right now, and I want a set of wheels, preferrably black with irish green accents, but that's not super important, what I'm really lookin for is a wheel that will fill~in my wheel wells a little better without compromising any performance. As much as I like 17" wheels, I don't want to lose any mpg or handling. So what specs should I be looking for? Any help is much appreciated man!

Nice man, I look forward to it! Quick question though, I have the civic ex coupe, all stock right now, and I want a set of wheels, preferrably black with irish green accents, but that's not super important, what I'm really lookin for is a wheel that will fill~in my wheel wells a little better without compromising any performance. As much as I like 17" wheels, I don't want to lose any mpg or handling. So what specs should I be looking for? Any help is much appreciated man!

17x8 ET40-45 should help to fill the wheels out. For MPG try to go with a lightweight wheel like Enkei or OZ.

Enjoy your new found grip! Very nice tires!

Yes they are, I had a set of DW's when they first came out and I loved them minus the softish sidewalls. These new ones feel like they have a stiffer sidewall but I have yet to flex them thru corners...

I placed an order on brakes. I mentioned you and the forum in the details section. Thanks. :wavey:

I did not like my DZ101 tires at all. I do have to give them credit for an incredibly long life and they did perform very well in wet conditions. I even had to run them in some light snow and they really did very well. Overall I would never buy them again but they really performed when I expected them not to but never performed well when I thought they would. If that makes sense.

Lots of pulling, tram lining, felt like they flat spotted over night.

I can say they are the tire that tells you to kill yourself all week but then when you try to they talk you down off the ledge.

Back