Let's say I want 260 horsepower? Safest way to do so?

Supercharger, but it's not cheap by any means.

260 at the wheels? I bet you could get mid-high 220-230s with bolt ons and an aggressive tune. I think thats where most people end up going the NA route. @squiggy where did your numbers end up being?

Beyond that you'll need FI. The supercharger setups are pretty easy to do compared to the turbo kits and 260 would be very easy to hit. The KW kit is pretty complete but you;re talking a few(4/5/6) thousand vs maybe $2k for full bolt ons and a tune.

I am right around 230 at the wheels...which would be roughly 275 at the crank.

Oh

What's Honda rate it at? The crank?

If so I meant 260 at the crank forget what I said

Generally every manufacturer rates their cars at the crank. Unless you specifically see where it says wheel horsepower. 260 at the crank equates to about 221whp given about 15% parasitic loss though the drivetrain. So if you want 260 at the crank you could achieve that with quality full bolt ins and a good tune.

Generally every manufacturer rates their cars at the crank. Unless you specifically see where it says wheel horsepower. 260 at the crank equates to about 221whp given about 15% parasitic loss though the drivetrain. So if you want 260 at the crank you could achieve that with quality full bolt ins and a good tune.
So... Vitviper tune

Exhaust, air intake, header, what else?

I also heard that stock air intakes provide more than enough air for the engine

So... Vitviper tune

Exhaust, air intake, header, what else?

I also heard that stock air intakes provide more than enough air for the engine

Realistically, all you need is a 3" DP/exhaust, 3.5" intake, and a tune.

A throttle body won't do much...maybe a few HP at redline. The RBC will give you more horsepower near redline, but you sacrifice torque in the mid-range.

This and the Hasport rear motor mount. Extra power won't do you any good if you can't put it to the pavement effectively.

Yeah, one of those, too. I have so many mods, it is getting hard to remember them all. :turbospin:

Hell, I still have a few floating around waiting to be installed.

Larger injectors and e85 is worth 5-10 hp on na with a tune right? At least this week until the experts decide to change their mind? Next week I hear the RBC will make double last week and vit vs team3d will be on pay per view.

Reactions: Nix
Back