Let's talk about detailing

Kaan.b34

Riverside
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
Hello Ladies and Gentelmans, I would like to discuss about detailing (wash,wax,interior). I usually use Meguiars product. Personally i don't prefer Turtle wax, because i'm kind of professional detailer. For me Meguiars is the best ! What is yours ?

Last edited:
My favorite hands down: Collinite 845. Insulator wax.

Stinks like all hell but if your car doesn't look good with collinite on it, it's not the waxs' fault.

As soon as I get around to buffing out the car completely im going to try out a couple layers of Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze.

I also like the ease of Chemical Guys stuff. Blacklight with V7 spray sealant is quick and lasts pretty long too.

I love taking a couple hours to just wash the car and bring up the shine with a spray like the V7. Always looks so good after. It's nice stuff cause you can hit the paint and the trim. Does them both nicely. I blew through the small bottle I bought just to try out and have since gone up to the gallon.

Last edited:
Kaan.b34 - What's up man? Been getting any detailing done lately?

I had some time this past weekend and got the wifes car all cleaned up on the outside. I didn't get to the interior but she keeps that up pretty well herself.

The car was filthy since she drives a lot for work. I hit all the crevices with Meguiars APC + at 4:1 dilution, so pretty strong stuff. Then I hit the wheels. The whole car got sprayed down with an industrial fallout remover. It's pretty similar to Iron-X but doesn't have the nice purple effect. It was just cheap and effective. I won't tell you guys the name cause it's nasty stuff and you need to wear a mask, goggles, & gloves with it. It's about the only stuff I've got that strips this particular level of road grime.

Then the basic 2 bucket wash, clay bar and so on. I was gonna polish but I only had my fine grade clay with me and I could not get her paint clean. I did the baggie test and hit spots over and over and over. Even after the fallout remover, Iron X gel, and reclaying I couldn't get the paint smooth. I tried to buff the hood but the pad was just picking up a ton of crud so I gave up on that for the day. (White pad with megs 205)

Anyway no one wants to read all that. I snapped one pic at the end. Car got Chemical Guys Blacklight and Hybrid V7 Spray sealant on top. Nothing too serious as Im hoping to redo and polish soon. Don't wanna have a hard time stripping it all off again.

kffj.jpg

Back