Lets Talk Kicks

You've heard of Kicks being used this way? I thought this must have been a Yankee thing. Me ring from the west of Canada, we say running shoes. I always laugh when I hear people say sneakers. :giggle:

In England, they're called "Trainers."
I was quite confused when Robert first told me that he couldn't find his trainers.

Being old enough to see the changes myself, they were 1st called tennis shoes(50's), then came sneakers(60's) until they started marketing them for each sport(70's/80's), from runners, walkers, cross trainers, etc.
I can also add that kicks was used in the 70's but not a marketable name just as a slang word.

Back to the topic on hand... taxis are dropping this weekend. OG color way, anyone going to or planing on scooping up?

What about the x mas pack? I think the Kobe's are the best looking of all 3

I USED to be really into Dunks but now they’re barely associated with the skateboard community and get snatched up on the SNKRS App by bots. These days I wear a lot of NMDs or Ultraboosts for comfort.

have to go with these. im a warehouse supervisor and i do about 5miles a night. i work the night shift and can get away with these in triple black. way better than the sorta mandatory dress shoes755ED2E7-92A0-4CE4-9FBE-8DDF9E02BE04.jpeg

Back