Low MPG

a full tank of gas from the dealership
So you bought a new car with who knows how much fuel was in the tank when you received it. Another thing is how much time have you spent piddling with it while idling, not to mention wanting to check out how fast the response is(your words).
I'd suggest going to the gas station right now and fill her up(and try to fill the same way every time "fuel handle on the slowest click" near the end of the fill and no pumping to get that extra in). And the next fill check your mpg with your cell phone calculator, and see how close it compares to the cars fuel range(miles divided by gals.=).
You need to check one thing per fuel test , how many mpg's you're getting.... or what it will do in the quarter mile but not both on the same tank.

This is why I'm confused. It may be a 4-cyl but this particular engine/car could keep up with many 6-cyl cars
I drive the car mostly for commute to and from work and have never pushed the car to half of its limit of performance.
I'm just comparing the launch feel with a 6-cylinder in my low-key driving style..

Last edited:
I don't mind being slow.. I drive the car mostly for commute to and from work and have never pushed the car to half of its limit of performance.
I'm just comparing the launch feel in my low-key driving style..

The car really needs to hit 4000+ rpms and then you will feel it. The torque will actually surprise you at first too.

The car really needs to hit 4000+ rpms and then you will feel it. The torque will actually surprise you at first too.
^ this. You need to flog the RPM's to run the car. Hondas like high revs. Run it to redline a few times and see if you feel differently.

Were your DTRL's on? I'm wondering if there is a difference in our law(VA), about having headlights on while raining, and that the dtrl doesn't count with Va.. For future reference......
I'm not sure if they were on or not. I keep forgetting to pull that fuse, thanks for reminding me.

Back