Lowering 2013 Civic

Enigma346

Virginia Beach, VA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I'm running those right now and yea you just take off the old springs on the front struts and the back you just remove the bottom bolt of the shock pull the control arm down and the spring pops out, however if i knew more about suspension at the time i would have saved and invested in coilovers...you live in VA so you don't have to deal with snow a lot? Although you scrape every once in a while and if you hit a bad pothole...youre gonna feel it

Not much snow. Not many pot holes where I'm at either. I'm very careful when driving my car in general. Even at stock I slow it down a lot for speed bumps and try to go around pot holes lol

Then you'll be fine, it really drops it to the perfect height....after install i almost cried because it looks like a whole different car, i went from hating the car to absolutely loving it

Yea, what Webby said..i don't personally have those but that's cause I'm lazy lol

Thank you both. Really appreciate all the help I get on these forums. I try to repay the favor when I see questions I can answer.

Good video. Only thing I disagree with is the way he tightened the center nut on the front strut. You should not spin the strut shift as it can damage the seal. Since he did it by hand he was probably ok.

Better way would to be putting the car on the ground and tightening. Or using a pass through socket.

Ordered! I'll post pictures when they are installed. Probably be the following weekend when I'm off work. I'll be adding the new fog lights and the LED reverse light, trunk light LED, license plate led and interior to LEDs as well. Hoping to accomplish all in the same weekend. Thank you all again.

Good video. Only thing I disagree with is the way he tightened the center nut on the front strut. You should not spin the strut shift as it can damage the seal. Since he did it by hand he was probably ok.

Better way would to be putting the car on the ground and tightening. Or using a pass through socket.
Thanks for the tip.

OK I see in the video the springs are labeled. Mine are a different brand and have no label. Is there a way to tell which goes where?

If they are coiled differently you can try to match them up to oem. Or if they are coiled the same direction then left/right shouldn't matter.

What springs do you have? D2?

No markings at all. So do I assume the fronts are the tighter wound springs? The rear being the two ones that get wider and are different directions? Or I will see when I take off the stock ones? lol

Tight wound is front. Wider wound is rear. Take note of the direction the rears are wound on oem & match them up to the d2. Looks like the d2 fronts are interchangeable from driver/passenger side.

Back