Lowering Springs with stock everything

mazda_lexus

So I want to buy a set of either D2 springs or Skunk2 springs but I've been reading and I've come to the conclusion that camber in the rear isn't good but it's the toe that really kills..
Can someone really give me the nitty gritty truth about how long I can run stock struts and no camber arms on a lowered car? Or should I honestly just get camber arms and maybe the Truhart struts. Cause I was contemplating on just getting the struts and springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The inside tire in the rear will wear faster than the rest of the tire but nothing severe. The fronts will stay right around 0 degrees camber when lowering, so just rotate the tires and it'll help. I recall someone saying they blew the stock struts after like 40k miles or something being lowered 2". I've seen others say they're still going fine on the oem. A lot could just be due to what type of driving and roads you're on too.

The inside tire in the rear will wear faster than the rest of the tire but nothing severe. The fronts will stay right around 0 degrees camber when lowering, so just rotate the tires and it'll help. I recall someone saying they blew the stock struts after like 40k miles or something being lowered 2". I've seen others say they're still going fine on the oem. A lot could just be due to what type of driving and roads you're on too.

I'm in San Diego, eventually going back to Sacramento..
If that's the case I may lower the car still. But I'm not in a hurry so I'm probably gonna invest in the Buddy Club Short Shifter for some sort a upgrade for the car. Because I'm probably not gonna get my FP till I'm close to going turbo

I ran Skunk2's on my FB6 and the damn struts bottomed out when hitting potholes or driving through big dips. Nothing I couldn't deal with since the aesthetics were spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I ran Skunk2's on my FB6 and the damn struts bottomed out when hitting potholes or driving through big dips. Nothing I couldn't deal with since the aesthetics were spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What do you mean they "bottomed out"?

Yeah I love the look but really trying to not break my suspension

They have a certain amount of distance they're able to go up/down from the factory. He maxed out/bottomed out on bumps. So he prob got a loud "thud" noise when the strut couldn't compress any further and bottomed out.

I'm on sk2 and I bottom out Here and there. Mostly at intersections. Love the way They look and the ride isn't that bad though. Installation was easy as well.

I'm on sk2 and I bottom out Here and there. Mostly at intersections. Love the way They look and the ride isn't that bad though. Installation was easy as well.

Is it really bad to bottom out or does the shocks recover and go back to normal after a little bit?
I'm convincing myself to go ahead and go with the Sk2

They will blow out completely much much sooner and need to be replaced. Plan on either getting a set of TruHarts/Koni strut replacements in the near future or upgrade to a full set of coil overs. Shocks don't recover, they just wear out.

Reactions: Tak
Springs suck. Just get coilovers, buddy club or skunk2s for that low low or d2s I've heard are good or go big or go home and get airlift like me! [emoji110][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back