Lowering springs!!

Ok so finally these are getting installed this weekend. Something I should of found out before I planned this is, since these give a 2 inch drop on front and rear and my tires are completely stock, nothing changed at all. Will this give problems for rubbing or anything?

Just to make sure before I do this. I know I will need arms for the back to get it back to OEM alignment or anything like that. But what about the front? Should I worry about this too? Exactly what do I need to get for this? I'm probably not going to do the alignment right away as I am going to get new wheels and tires at the start of next year. No reason for me to get an alignment now if I am just getting rid of them and can get a package deal with the alignment. :) Just want to make sure I have everything right when I do this. Also, should I go for a -1.0 degree? Would it feel better and more aggressive around turns? Same for both front and back?

manzo lowering springs 1.5 f 1.5r im stl using right now
I've had the springs. Just haven't had time to put them on. The D2 springs I bought have a 2.0 inch drop on front and rear. I was hoping someone could answer about the alignment issues that may arise.

Reactions: Nix
For the front you can pick up a set of camber bolts for around $30. There is no front camber adjustment from the factory. A slight 0.5 degrees of wiggle room maybe. However, the front camber won't change from lowering the car so you don't have to get them unless you want to.

More negative camber in the front will help with handling as will a little less camber in the rear. -1 all around is pretty safe. I personally run -1.2/3 up front and -0.8 in the rear. I would put the springs on and get an alignment to set the toe as close to 0 as possible or at least within factory spec. This will also give you an idea of what the rear camber is. The rear will gain negative camber from lowering. Depending on what those numbers are you may or may not want camber arms. I would not run with more than -2 on a DD since it will wear your tires. Toe eats tires way worse than camber but excessive camber will wear the inside shoulder. If you're going to get the arms and you know it, get them and install everything at the same time so you can get an alignment once and be done. No sense in paying twice.

I can almost guarantee that you will have more than -2 in the rear from that drop. There are some very inexpensive Dorman camber arms available on amazon that are rebranded SPC arms. They will work great and cost you ~$100 instead of the $299 you see for Skunk2 arms.

I know a lot of people say you have to wait for the springs to settle before getting an alignment. You don't. Most springs won't settle at all and if they do it's negligible. Usually its not the springs "settling" but the bushings or isolators they sit on forming to the new spring. Its one of those leftover myths like lowering back pressure in exhaust will burn your valves.....

So even if I drop and don't have the arms. I should still get an alignment just for the toe? Even if nothing else is being adjusted? Didn't know that. Thanks! I think I will just be ordering the arms for the rear anyhow and I don't see a reason to have the camber bolts as of right now.

These are the arms I was suggested to get by Webby. :) Same brand as you said. Amazon product
View: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GJ1OP00/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_lc?tag=_&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B00GJ1OP00&adid=1VD0Q9PDQ691Z5ZSPM60&&ref-refURL=http%3A%2F%2F9thcivic.com%2Fforum%2Fthreads%2Flowering-2013-civic.14224%2F

Yes install the camber kit, I actually installed that same setup today.. (Springs/camber arms) and I couldn't be happier, rides very well and sits really nice!

Before

After

Here is a pic installed

Yeah I need to find a video on how to install the camber arms. The HID kit, Arms and new DRL/High bulbs will be arriving tomorrow. :D

Back