MAP AND DOME LIGHT TURNS OFF WHEN CAR IS TURNED ON AND DOORS OPEN

Fernando

Hi Guys, i want your help with this problem i got.
My Civic SI 2014 sedan got installed Illuminated Door Sills/Side Steps, they turn on when you open the door, only turn on the front ones, thats fine. But if the car is running and I manually turn on the map or dome lights, simply dont turn on, nothing happen, but when the car its turned on and the doors are open the map light can be turned on and off, just as it should be.

I think no voltage pass to the map light when the doors its closed.

Hope you understand me guys, i used a little bit the google traducer.

Thanks

Hi weeby, i bought the car 3 months a go and already come with the door sills, maybe bad installation? What can I chek to solve it?

All the fuse are good, and complete.

Hi weeby, i bought the car 3 months a go and already come with the door sills, maybe bad installation? What can I chek to solve it?

All the fuse are good, and complete.
Do they look like the sills in the diy thread I linked above or different?

Look exactly the same. The instalation of the sills is related to the map light?
In some way or another I’m guessing yes. The dome/map lights operate when you open your door just as the door sills do. You’d probably have to do that diy in reverse and see if a wire isn’t connected properly/grounded or what happened.

In some way or another I’m guessing yes. The dome/map lights operate when you open your door just as the door sills do. You’d probably have to do that diy in reverse and see if a wire isn’t connected properly/grounded or what happened.

Ok, I'll do that this Saturday and will see if I can upload some pictures, maybe you can see something i didnt.

Thanks for your help.

Hi again guys, today I check my connections and see a real mess, can others Civic SI 9th gen check if have 3 big connectors down there, 2 white and 1 light blue?

@webby I think that the connections on SI are different from EX models. Please see the picture attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20190119_144606.jpg
    20190119_144606.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
Hi again guys, today I check my connections and see a real mess, can others Civic SI 9th gen check if have 3 big connectors down there, 2 white and 1 light blue?

@webby I think that the connections on SI are different from EX models. Please see the picture attached.

Thanks
The diy I posted a link to above is for the si.

Here is a 2014 si specific install guide directly from Honda.
https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/civic/2014/4dr/ambientlighting.pdf

I check the DIY and my connections are different, will see more detailed in the night. Thanks webby

The pdf is for ambient lights, and my are door sills.

my bad, I don't know what I was thinking on that url. Yes, I realize you're doing the sills. So, looking at the DIY posted here, it does say that is for the 2012 only, and it will not work with 2013. So, something wiring wise changed between the 12/13 model year. I've only seen a couple of people have those door sills, and I cannot think of anyone with a 14+ si who installed them. There are people selling sets for the 2014 on ebay. You could try contacting one of them to see if they'd email you a pdf for installation. Worth a shot.

Back