mbcarino photography

holy smokes... method used to make these changes? Filters in PS? The paint looks completely different than the stock photo

actually i took a bunch of photos using speedlites to highlight various areas like the wheels, the character lines, and then lit up the ceiling strategically to get the reflections i wanted. combined all the layers in photoshop and then brought out more detail in the highlights and reflections. i haven't shot anything like this in a while, so it's kinna rough. but you get the idea.

the effect on the paint is tripping me out... it's just from layering photos?

if you're talking about the lighting, yea. basically, since I don't have a huge chimera, I used a couple of small speedlites to strategically light up the ceiling and create the nice long reflections on certain areas of the car. I got enough shots to where i could blend the reflections together into one nice smooth lighting effect. here's the individual shots that I layered:

_MG_8477.jpg_MG_8479.jpg_MG_8480.jpg_MG_8481.jpg_MG_8482.jpg_MG_8483.jpg_MG_8484.jpg_MG_8485.jpg_MG_8486.jpg

yeah, the color just makes it look almost like brushed aluminum or something.... not like a normal silver accord paint color. The only other thing I can think of describing it as.... would be like the effect from long exposures of running water.

LongExposureWater.jpg

yeah, the color just makes it look almost like brushed aluminum or something.... not like a normal silver accord paint color. The only other thing I can think of describing it as.... would be like the effect from long exposures of running water.

LongExposureWater.jpg

is that a good or bad thing?

lol... nothing bad about it. It's different... stands out, as it's not how you normally perceive the car. You should setup a screen capture and show how you blend the photos together.

jing is free for pc/mac up to a certain length of video capture -
http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

Yup. I usually just later them on top of each other with the layer blending mode changed to lighten. If the layers aren't perfectly aligned, I use the auto-align feature to line then up perfectly. I mask off any unwanted areas of each layer and then combine it all into a merged layer. I make a copy of that layer and use a high pass filter on the copy, and blend that with the layer below using the soft light mode. That's basically it. The masking usually takes the most time, but it's actually a fairly simple process

it's our last full day with the cars on Maui. we needed to burn off some gas before shipping the car tomorrow, so the mrs and i went for a drive and stopped to take a few pics since the car was clean...

_MG_9273.jpg_MG_9270.jpg_MG_9266.jpg_MG_9262.jpg_MG_9261.jpg_MG_9259.jpg

car and location look awesome
thanks webby! I'm definitely gonna miss this place. i feel so lucky to have grown up here. the diversity and the sense of community is unmatched, and the "Aloha spirit" is definitely still alive and well. here's one more from our driveway.

_MG_9252.jpg

Back