Media: TOV Dyno Test: 2012 Honda Civic Si

Wow.. my stock 07 si made 190 on the same dyno. The '12 makes a good 30lbs/ft tq more though.

My graph in comparison:
P2070944.jpg

Did a bit of reading and found this..
11vs12si.gif

2012 pretty much walks all over the K20s until 6800 rpm. Much more DD friendly IMO.

• Staff
2nd pic was not showing for me.

tov image was down obviously... it had a broken image earlier, but it's showing now.

the shift down low reminds me of the reflash from hondata before/after

Hotlinking issue, I put it on my photobucket instead.

Down low is much more than a reflash kind of shift. That's torque..even at 2000rpm it makes 30+tq more.

Nice. Honda certainly was listening when they did the K24Z7. I am sure all the complaints about a lack of torque, plus all the k24 swaps made it a no brainer for them to use this engine. For a dd, this would be a great package.

K20s underrated from the factory? Also, I read somewhere that the K24Z7 was going to be rated at 223HP but Honda started restricting the Exhaust to get it into the L.E.V. standards and keep the HP down to keep the cost of the car down (HP = $$$)

That's what aftermarket is for. Lol.

I like the comments here.

any reasons you guys can come up with how the 2011 si is rated at 197 hp and makes 192 but the 2012 is rated at 201 and makes 175?

cmon i'd like to hear it. Honda either underrated the k20z3 or overrated the k24z7.

I think most people felt the 8th was underrated. A lot of people had dyno numbers in the mid 170's-180's stock. A few had high 180's, but a lot depends on the dyno, air temps, mileage on the car etc. Look at hondata altering their HP/TQ figures on their reflash due to break in.

Yeah i noticed. I think the k20z3 was just underrated slightly and the k24z7 just is more normal.

Notice the 2012 Si TOV used only had 330miles on it and cleary isn't broken in fully. That being said, I agree that the K20 was under-rated from the factory and that the K24 was more spot on. I still believe that the downpipe setup on the K24 from the factory is the reason it's only rated at 201 and with a good downpipe, it opens up it true power as UR did 206whp on the factory intake and factory tune.

that being said. I don't think you guys are going to see much more than 210 whp with mods.

If i were you guys, i'd leave the stock intake, maybe gut it and delete the resonator. Get a downpipe and get flashpro and that's it.

Seems like anything more than that is a waste of money.

All aftermarket intakes are going to be junk unless they run down into the fender, period.

that being said. I don't think you guys are going to see much more than 210 whp with mods.

If i were you guys, i'd leave the stock intake, maybe gut it and delete the resonator. Get a downpipe and get flashpro and that's it.

Seems like anything more than that is a waste of money.

All aftermarket intakes are going to be junk unless they run down into the fender, period.

I have the aFe Takeda Intake and I already have the UR DP and Exhaust.....I def noticed a difference with each mod, but yes, FlashPro is a must whenever Hondata finishes it....

I would put the stock intake back on until you get flashpro. Trust me, you're probably defeating yourself with the iat's it's seeing over the stock box.

To each their own I guess...I'm happy with the aFe

Having looked at it, that's a great intake design for this car. Having said that, it's VERY improperly designed for the MAF on that car. I can almost guarantee you're losing horsepower over the stock intake. 8thgen civics had the same issues.

I'm not hating on your intake. I have tuned many 8th gen civics, and the 2012 is no different in regards to the MAF sensor. Like i said, perfect intake when flashpro comes out, not so much right now though.

Back