Modding Advise

They told me that my front axles need replacing. I came on Monday to get them to look into a creaking noise. They told me that they couldn't replicate it. So they sent me home after I waited for 5 hours. I came back the next day because I wanted to do a test drive with a mechanic so they can hear it themselves. They then told me to wait for t to get louder or worse? Then I came back today and the advisor treated me like a nuisance and finally ordered my front axle. I told them my tranny has been buggy. So they told me to unplug my battery. And it worked I think. Not sure though.. God dealerships..... I didn't know they were this bad.

Last edited:
since when does the factory warranty have a deductible?
this. wtf?

once this repair is done, try a different dealer in your area if possible

play them off eachother and mention what a bad deal youve been getting from their competitor and see if they treat you better

Right?? I don't understand... I'm so pissed... You have no idea.... I've only had the car for 3 weeks and they are trying to make me pay 200 for a problem that they should've caught because ohh yknow its "Honda certified"

Warranty should be free and clear. It's a hassle to get it done a lot of times but should never have to pay for it

That sucks you're having so much trouble man......

63979139.jpg

So a friend of mine told me that if I remove my muffler. It would make my car quicker. I... Did some homework and found that it would ruin gas mileage and make my car lose low end pressure. I'm not sure what it meant. So I'm
Not going to do it. Plus...i think it's a little bit Ricey if I were to do so. Curious to hear what you guys have to say.

Your friend is an idiot. It won't do anything but make the car louder and raspier. The only thing that would allow your car to perform better would be a larger diameter exhaust and removal of the catalytic converter. Would require a tune as well. Jeez.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yeah removing the muffler won't do anything but make it loud. Faster? No way, other than the weight you'll lose but not enough to matter. You won't lose gas mileage over a muffler either. Backpressure? Less back pressure is better for power, hence the Si's make great power with 3" exhausts. You may lose some low end tq but thats about it.

If you want to swap mufflers to get a louder exhaust sound you can do that. Also, a nicer tip usually comes with those and can improve the appearance of the exhaust instead of that rusty "pipe" back there.

It's leftover from 90's tuner magazines. I remember hearing that lowering back pressure would cause you to burn your valves and hence, if you swapped parts you would have to get your engine recompressed, whatever that was supposed to mean, to prevent issues. Lol.

Exactly man. Velocity of the exhaust gases is the key. I mean, if you want a really detailed answer I can give one. It's gonna be a dang book though! Most of the misinformation is the result of not understanding what back pressure really is and how exhausts really work. The system just wants and needs to get exhaust gases out as fast as possible. Velocity of the gas is the most important thing. RPM dictates flow, hence a large diameter pipe is bad at low RPM but great at high RPM. Thats where the low end losses come in but you gain more on the top end. Stock systems try to balance that with not being loud.

Back