More power to come for the CT-E Supercharger (Aftercooler by IMT)

Millions-Knives

It's been an incredible and humbling experience working with CT-Engineering and ProCivic in the development and production of the 2012+ Civic SI Supercharger kit. I'm thrilled to hear that many of you guys already started pre-ordering the kits and have been asking for my opinions and feedback. I'm absolutely positive you guys will love this kit and have seen what its capable of in its current tested state.

Anyhow, I'd like to let you all know that I've been working with IMT (Innovative Motorsports Technologies), with hopes that we will soon be able to have an aftercooler for our CT-E kits.

I'll keep you updated as I work on this.

Thanks for sharing this Millions, it looks promising, can't wait to see more - adding an aftercooler is my 1st priority once the SC is installed.

Any idea on preliminary pricing? 1,200ish-1600ish? I just imagine it's going to be a bit over the MercRacing offering.

I believe so. They've upgraded their cores and use a phenolic spacer to avoid heat soak from the manifold. I'll be fitting the spacer and plate hopefully by the end of the week.

Million, you're a great help for us non-pioneering enthusiasts! Haha

I know it's a lot to ask but can you try to collect data on IAT differences? I am really interested in getting an aftercooler just for the reliability side of things more than anything. I have had a HEATon before and it definitely suffered from heatsoak.

I'm definitely going to try. I believe IMT suggested I buy the T1 Racing IAT sensor and the manifold already has a port accommodation for this. I did mention it to Doug when he was tuning the car for CT. He said I'll probably need a tune (air heat increase to the MAF), maybe VitViper will chime in and tell me exactly how to do this. ;) CT shipped out the revised production AC line spacer so I'll be able to check clearance with the aftercooler.

Last edited:
So the new AC plate just angled it higher up? Was clearance good on the adapter for the aftercooler?

Last edited:
This is good news. I am hoping to get an aftercooler as well.. it's just between this one and Merc.. and no offense to merc but I like the build of IMT products better. Excited to see how this turns out!

Another local member may be willing to let IMT borrow his car. They will be able to take measurements and create a CAD for the heat exhanger and pump bracket. If he pulls through this will expedite its development. Instead of me trying to collect the data and transmit from across the country. They'll keep me updated.

Last edited:
As a daily driver, how stock can I leave my 2013 Si and still install this?

http://www.procivic.com/index.php?car_sub_model=4 Door Sedan&car_year=2013&reset_car_type=0&cPath=70_163&main_page=product_car_part_info&products_id=1006

Would I really need to replace the exhaust and upgrade the clutch when we're talking 260-270 WHP? And would an aftercooler really be needed, again keeping in mind the car is a daily driver?

Thanks.

Bob

Your clutch would still work but it's life span would be cut far shorter than if you stayed OEM. It's really gonna depend on driving habits.

For ther aftercooler it's not required for the lower boost but cooler is always better, from a power & reliability standpoint.

Previous generations of supercharged cars have trouble with the stock air box.. It can possibly collapse, and the stock downpipe is pretty restrictive.. I'd say at least get an aftermarket air box and downpipe.

Your clutch would still work but it's life span would be cut far shorter than if you stayed OEM. It's really gonna depend on driving habits.

For ther aftercooler it's not required for the lower boost but cooler is always better, from a power & reliability standpoint.

Previous generations of supercharged cars have trouble with the stock air box.. It can possibly collapse, and the stock downpipe is pretty restrictive.. I'd say at least get an aftermarket air box and downpipe.

I agree with this all the way!!!! Perfectly said. But the stock air box will have to be changed tho just get a SRI

Right. I'd probably be OK with the clutch for a while if I were careful, but it's lifespan would certainly be shorter. An aftercooler is probably a good idea, especially in South Texas.

Regarding the intake, SRI or CAI? Much difference on the 2013 Si?

Finally, stock exhaust would be OK?

Last edited:
Right. I'd probably be OK with the clutch for a while if I were careful, but it's lifespan would certainly be shorter. An aftercooler is probably a good idea, especially in South Texas.

Regarding the intake, SRI or CAI? Much difference on the 2013 Si?

Finally, stock exhaust would be OK?

CAI is better, like the aftercooler, because cooler is better. Stock exhaust will be fine but it doesn't sound awesome with the downpipe only lol

Back