Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Today was an absolute **** show. Lost 90% of my day due to poor management so I took a route from someone that called in sick and then had that route go to hell as well. Only worked like seven and a half hours today but am beat nonetheless.

Spent way too long diagnosing this 2018 ram for a misfire. I swapped plugs coils and injectors before I realised the temp gauge was jumping around and the cooling system was holding way too much pressure. Finally did a leak down on cylinder 2 that had the misfire.

View: https://streamable.com/m02cx2

Some of the coldest days I’ve experienced I. 10 years in Seattle area forecast for the next week. Lows in the low teens, highs in mid-20s

Was it hard for them to dig? With it being Canada and the ground hard as a rock?
Nah. Its only -4c at night right now. It's actually better in the cold because it's not muddy and the walls won't cave in because the ground is all clay and sand in my area being close to a lake.
Although I noticed one wall collapsed last night exposing my buried wires for the hot tub.

Last two days of work till Christmas break and vacation I get these three jobs.

Rocker arms on a journey been waiting over a week for aftermarket warranty to approve
20211222_090401.jpg

Hemi with a bad head gasket.
20211222_090343.jpg
20211222_091346.jpg
Cherokee with a bad oil pump.
20211222_103035.jpg

Just left this house where the customer was screaming and yelling about his oven doors being off about a sixteenth of an inch from one side to the other. Wife was telling him to stop being so neurotic and tech support from the manufacturer in my ear was laughing.

Just left this house where the customer was screaming and yelling about his oven doors being off about a sixteenth of an inch from one side to the other. Wife was telling him to stop being so neurotic and tech support from the manufacturer in my ear was laughing.
how do you deal with that stuff?? ive always said you cant pay me enough to be a service advisor, i wouldnt last long with customers complaining or arguing me all the time.

I tried it, it doesn't work

Gets worse in the body shop world because everyone know a body man who can do it better and they've all seen Gas Monkey Garage and think that their made up time lines actually hold value in the real world

how do you deal with that stuff?? ive always said you cant pay me enough to be a service advisor, i wouldnt last long with customers complaining or arguing me all the time.
I usually have an AirPod in my ear and I’ve developed really thick skin over the years. Some of the managers are pretty solid and will back us up if we decide to walk out of a house. I’m one of the guys they send to homes where things need to get done, whether it’s a problem that needs to be solved or a customer that needs to be put in their place.
All of that is the reason I haven’t gone out on my own yet. Plenty of old colleagues are making a killing doing their own thing but I don’t have the temperament to run my own business. I don’t tell people off too often but when I do the Boss Man backs me and it’s not my problem.

Watch out for the next great shortage - toothpaste. The shelves here are emptying out.
D9508615-182E-4D1B-8661-319056544352.jpeg

This happened today..

This happened today..

Yikes! Everyone okay?

My day was going good up until 5 minutes before I left. Went to vacuum bleed the ram I replaced the head gasket on and it wouldn't hold vacuum. Put coolant in it and it pissed out between the head and block. I get to do it all over again.

My day was going good up until 5 minutes before I left. Went to vacuum bleed the ram I replaced the head gasket on and it wouldn't hold vacuum. Put coolant in it and it pissed out between the head and block. I get to do it all over again.
That sucks man….

Back