Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Damn Foo! That's crazy about the 40 hours and only being Tuesday... You must love your job and that money.

Damn Foo! That's crazy about the 40 hours and only being Tuesday... You must love your job and that money.
Or…I have to do it for the sake of my job. My whole team is pulling long days. An issue comes up at 7p on Sunday, you better be sure you have an answer at the 6a meeting on Monday otherwise you’re getting a nasty gram from your boss’ boss for not answering it. Happened twice already this week.

Aborted flight test at 3:15a, email to advice at 4a. Response needed before 7a. Meetings at 6a, 7a. Maybe breakfast at 8? Another long day starts.

I came on here to cry about the AC in my office not working, but I don't think that would be fair with the kind of work that Foo is putting in!

I came on here to cry about the AC in my office not working, but I don't think that would be fair with the kind of work that Foo is putting in!
You can complain too. Don’t let me stop you.

are you in a tight deadline at work that they are pushing to hit which is causing so many long days?

are you in a tight deadline at work that they are pushing to hit which is causing so many long days?
Must be.

I feel like I am a hard worker but with all the hours Foo is putting in I'd get burned out and hate the job.

• Haha
Reactions: Dad
You can say tight deadline. It’s unclear when that deadline is. It’s kind of a floating target based on the situation. Hopefully before end of the summer, might be middle of next year. Biggest problem, we have the work of 7 people but a team of 4. We get a fresh college grad on Friday I’ll be mentoring. It’ll be a little extra load to get him going for a while too.

You can say tight deadline. It’s unclear when that deadline is. It’s kind of a floating target based on the situation. Hopefully before end of the summer, might be middle of next year. Biggest problem, we have the work of 7 people but a team of 4. We get a fresh college grad on Friday I’ll be mentoring. It’ll be a little extra load to get him going for a while too.

End of summer?? Middle of Next year?!?!? :eek:

You can complain too. Don’t let me stop you.

Since I have permission of the hardest working dude on the forum, our AC has been out for two days. Bad compressor apparently. The tech came by and thinks he has sourced a new one.. other shops in the metroplex have AC's gone down with backordered parts.. hopefully we don't add to that list

Since I have permission of the hardest working dude on the forum, our AC has been out for two days. Bad compressor apparently. The tech came by and thinks he has sourced a new one.. other shops in the metroplex have AC's gone down with backordered parts.. hopefully we don't add to that list

What's the temps in the shop?

It’ll finally be a nice 23 here in Seattle.
Brrr! 23F is cold.

Brrr! 23F is cold.
23C. Finally a gorgeous day. Taking an evening to enjoy a concert at Chateau Ste. Michelle winery. Fancy concert fare here. Owned my house for 7 years and a this is a regular summer event I’ve never been to, close enough I can hear the music in my backyard.

55BFA48C-8F85-421C-837F-0DD362E04DC5.jpeg0EE33B6A-E1AC-4E1B-8E48-604D13444752.jpeg

In the office we are at about 88F (31C) but we face North and South so we wont get a decent breeze in our offices. Today we are looking at 104F (~40C) as a high without the heat index.. not going to be a fun Friday and I have to work tomorrow and it'll be more temps like that

In the office we are at about 88F (31C) but we face North and South so we wont get a decent breeze in our offices. Today we are looking at 104F (~40C) as a high without the heat index.. not going to be a fun Friday and I have to work tomorrow and it'll be more temps like that

88F in the office? Damn! :eek:

77F outside here right now. It's humid though. 72% humidity / 68* Dew Point

Back