Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Putting in some runway lights. During winter, it’s a tough one navigating the turning driveway, especially when it’s dark and rainy.BB1889E3-2D13-422B-AC97-6E63AD2F6D92.jpeg

intrigued, my driveway is hard to spot at night too

Going to be crazy bright when it’s all done. Looking good
Yeah it is. I spaced them out further to tone it down. I’ll have to figure something out. Right now, they go off at 10:30. Gonna have to figure out how to tone it down

Last edited:
Looks great. I’m guessing it’s 12V and you just buried some insulated line? They all daisy chained together? I’m intrigued.

Exactly. It’s 12V with each light tapped into a 12/2 insulated wire I buried. Pulled an expansion joint in the driveway to bury the line and transfer that across the driveway. All runs off a 300W transformer plugged into a landscape lighting circuit I had put into the house when I had the backyard done.

I've noticed a lot of led landscape lights are now built into the fixture. They don't allow you to swap or replace bulbs if it goes out. I don't know if yours is like that too? If a fixture has a led go out, the whole thing has to be scrapped unless you're doing electrical board repair. I hate that companies are doing that

All of the LED lights are doing that. Interior LED fixtures often have the circuit boards integrated into them and no replaceable bulb. The landscape lights don’t have replaceable components, but come with 5 year warranty. Hopefully they last that long.

Back