Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

hey now, at least baltimore can do an appropriate bagel. Texas kolaches are good but have nothing on a true bagel

hey now, at least baltimore can do an appropriate bagel. Texas kolaches are good but have nothing on a true bagel

I'm really biased since I really don't like bagels in any capacity.. but kolaches are pretty decent

So, my dad is going in for a procedure on his heart tomorrow morning. After talking to my mom, I’m super familiar with the procedure because I worked on some of the tech behind it when I was a wee lad of 22-23 years before I worked on nuclear subs.

Anyway, they’re looking at an aneurysm in his ascending aorta. They’ll be going in via what they call the transfemoral route, or an incision in his groin. Interesting how that’s coming back and will be used on a family member, now 16 years later.

allenxandria-hold-on-there-suaveo.gif

Them's fightin' words. Texas Sausage Kolaches are spicy, savory, and appetite-pleasin'. A bagel is usually only one of those things and requires a topping.

The Jeep threw a P0128 code yesterday so I checked it out and the coolant was low. Add some coolant and the engine light is back on today. From some research, the thermostat needs replacing. Good thing it is really accessible and a quick job. Trying to think about just draining the entire coolant and replacing it since the Jeep has 80k miles on it.

@Janz3n your thoughts?

The Jeep threw a P0128 code yesterday so I checked it out and the coolant was low. Add some coolant and the engine light is back on today. From some research, the thermostat needs replacing. Good thing it is really accessible and a quick job. Trying to think about just draining the entire coolant and replacing it since the Jeep has 80k miles on it.

@Janz3n your thoughts?
Wouldn't hurt to drain it and fill with new stuff. Not gonna get all of it out that way but better than nothing.

What year is it? Wranglers are bad for the rads leaking on the drivers side end tank.

Sorry to hear about your dad foo. That’s pretty amazing he’s having a procedure done that you’ve had a hand in though. Hopefully they can resolve everything tomorrow and he has a speedy recovery.

Wouldn't hurt to drain it and fill with new stuff. Not gonna get all of it out that way but better than nothing.

What year is it? Wranglers are bad for the rads leaking on the drivers side end tank.
2016.....I'll look for a leak, thanks.

What would you say about a trans fluid change for the auto trans(80k miles)? I've seen a couple vids and you drop the pan on the trans, swap the filter and just fill it back up.

2016.....I'll look for a leak, thanks.

What would you say about a trans fluid change for the auto trans(80k miles)? I've seen a couple vids and you drop the pan on the trans, swap the filter and just fill it back up.
most of the time its hard to see the rad leaking because its covered, sometimes you can see stains at the bottom. most of the time you can smell it as well.

doesnt hurt to drop the pan, replace the filter and change the fluid, again it doesnt get all of it but its better than nothing. ive seen lots of rear diff failures as well, not sure if its a design flaw but ive seen some low mileage ones with sparkly fluid. i would change both diffs and the transfer case.

Sorry to hear about your dad foo. That’s pretty amazing he’s having a procedure done that you’ve had a hand in though. Hopefully they can resolve everything tomorrow and he has a speedy recovery.
Procedure got canceled and they’re seeking a second opinion.

So, my dad is going in for a procedure on his heart tomorrow morning. After talking to my mom, I’m super familiar with the procedure because I worked on some of the tech behind it when I was a wee lad of 22-23 years before I worked on nuclear subs.

Anyway, they’re looking at an aneurysm in his ascending aorta. They’ll be going in via what they call the transfemoral route, or an incision in his groin. Interesting how that’s coming back and will be used on a family member, now 16 years later.
Hope everything goes well.who is seeking the second opinion? Your parents?

Also is there anything you haven't done?

• Haha
Reactions: Dad
Hope everything goes well.who is seeking the second opinion? Your parents?

Also is there anything you haven't done?
Folks are seeking second opinion after doctors refused to complete procedure. The referring doctor started acting weird at last minute. So they pulled back and are going to seek that second opinion.

As for things I haven’t done - plenty. I haven’t smoked anything in my life. Haha

Back