Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Commute is about 20 miles, not bad. It’s also opposite of prevailing traffic both morning and night. 40 minutes on a real bad evening.

Anyone here insist on standing in a line at a local voting center the day of elections versus going to vote early, absentee, by mail or whatever?

I'd rather go to early voting and stand in line. Maybe take a half a day at work and vote in the afternoon before the rest of the normies are off of work. I went last Friday and the place was totally empty

Commute is about 20 miles, not bad. It’s also opposite of prevailing traffic both morning and night. 40 minutes on a real bad evening.

Yeah that's not bad.

If I have to go to the main office (15.5 miles) in the morning (before 10am) it will take me around 40 minutes. If there is an accident.... that time jumps.

I can take back roads to get there but if the accident occurred early then everyone is clogging the back roads as well...

I'd rather go to early voting and stand in line. Maybe take a half a day at work and vote in the afternoon before the rest of the normies are off of work. I went last Friday and the place was totally empty

One of my work sites was an early voting location and when I was there working on a separate issue there was a good amount of people voting but don't believe any lines.

Edit: Yes I should have voted then... TBH I didn't think about it nor did I research the candidates. But work would have been fine with me doing it. I wouldn't have had to use time.

Is this for the mid term elections? if so how does that work?
Yes, mid-term. Basically it is the same as any other voting but you only vote on certain "positions". Some "positions" are only 2 year terms, hence why there are mid-term elections.

I voted early also and would prefer to do it this way. I had printed up a sample ballot and pre-filled out the people I wanted to vote for. I was in and out in 5-10 minutes.

Reactions: Dad
Voted with the wife around 11am at our required polling location.

There wasn't a line but the person signing me in kept typing my last name into the iPad/tablet incorrectly... I said it like 3 or 4 times... I tried to hand her my Drivers License but she said oh we don't take those.. I said (nicely) it has my last name.. She finally got it without looking at my Drivers License.. :rolleyes:

Lady signing my wife in had no issues..

Is this for the mid term elections? if so how does that work?
Every 2 years, Congress terms end and need to be re-elected. 1/3 of the Senate gets elected for their 6 year terms on a rotating 2 year basis. In the individual states, various other 2 and 4 year terms end.

Mid-term really only means we’re not electing president.

We’re required to vote by mail in Washington. You have to ask special permission for them to not send you a ballot. Any hotdogs while voting are supplied by the head of the household.
So there isn’t even the option for in person voting early or the day of? Everyone just mails it in, or drops it in a ballot box?

there are other states where they mail everyone their ballot, but they also have the option to vote in person on election day. That's why I asked

there are other states where they mail everyone their ballot, but they also have the option to vote in person on election day. That's why I asked
Yeah. We don’t have that option. Not that elections matter here anyway…for taxes, those have to go on the state-wide ballot and pass with a majority of the population agreeing with the added tax.

Back a few years ago, the people vote in a bill that limits car registration taxes. New majority in legislature doesn’t like it because it limits tax revenue, so they claim the measure was on the ballot illegally after the fact, they take it to their hand-picked court, get a judge to agree, then turn around and jack up the registration fees without vote of the people.

Even before that, back in 2012, it was plastic bag bans. At that time, they were going by city. The town I lived in voted against the ban. Didn’t matter, the implemented it anyway and then created a tax on a bag if you got one. That then bled quickly up to the state level because the mayor of the city got voted out, then appointed to congress via redistricting, then went to the state senate (failed upwards). He then went in trying to prevent the citizens from ever putting forth a proposition on the ballot, only allowing those from the legislature. It failed but it chilled the popular proposition process for the better part of 8 years now.

Back