Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Salesmen at the grocery store? :confused: I'm so confused.
Are the grocery stores out there on commission? lol

Since you brought it up.... Sunday I did an online order from Target and chose in-store pickup. Typically I just get my **** myself... don't have to deal with people but I for some reason did the online order...

Well I was in the area so I stopped by knowing I was too early (never received a notification it was ready). I walked around the store for a few and went back to Electronics. I order a Fitbit watch for my wife for Christmas via the online order. I wanted to see if they had other colors (I got the black band for her) so I went back there and they didn't any other colors but they had the black band version (probably 4 or so?).

Well I stopped by the Online Order Pickup area and asked if my order was ready. She said no not yet. So I walked out to my car. I wasn't there no more than 2 minutes and got a notification on my phone that my online order was ready for pickup BUT 1 item was out of stock.... It was the Fitbit watch! :eek:

I go to the Online Order Pickup area and give the girl my info. She's like what did you want to do with the item that is out of stock? Cancel it or have it shipped.. I said well it's actually in stock. Her face was PRICELESS! Say what?! I said I was back there earlier and there is like 4-5 of them back there. She's like oh... So do you want to cancel it and go back there and get it? I started to waste my breath but said cancel it and just walked back to Electronics.

The guy back there was like I've been here since open and no one came back here for a Fitbit watch. He said usually they are too lazy since it has to be unlocked they just say it's out of stock. I'm like thanks for being honest. He was super cool.

Like the staff that are just doing online orders/curb side pickup get paid the same hourly rate if they take an extra couple minutes to get the item that has to be unlocked.... or they have to search for an item and it takes a few more minutes... SMH

TIL: Target Online Order (in-stock pickup) - Item was "out of stock" but really had 4-5 of that item - Staff was too lazy to go get it/have it unlocked

How about you put the short version BEFORE the long version. No point of having the short version after I read all that crap. :badger:

thats the whole gig economy problem, idk how target runs it but im sure the grocery drivers still want a 50% tip for being too lazy to get half the order
i hate tipping so much. the florist i go to asks for a tip when i order online. woman owns the damn business. she sets the price of the flower ( which are higher than the place i went to in ontario ) why i would i tip her????

tip when i order
this reminds me of a fast food place here. You walk up to a window to order, and they bring the food to your table a few minutes later. The cc machine always prompts for a tip when you pay. One time the tip screen flashed super fast, and I just looked at the employee like... uhhh it won't let me tip? He's like, "oh don't worry about it...the owner keeps all tips". I thought he was joking, but then some other employees walked out from the kitchen. I asked if they really didn't get the tips, and they shook their head no. Here the owner of the joint keeps 100% of the "tips" being given. I feel like that should not be allowed, or a big sign on the door saying owner keeps 100% of all tips given. I should also note the owner doesn't even work inside the restaurant.

this reminds me of a fast food place here. You walk up to a window to order, and they bring the food to your table a few minutes later. The cc machine always prompts for a tip when you pay. One time the tip screen flashed super fast, and I just looked at the employee like... uhhh it won't let me tip? He's like, "oh don't worry about it...the owner keeps all tips". I thought he was joking, but then some other employees walked out from the kitchen. I asked if they really didn't get the tips, and they shook their head no. Here the owner of the joint keeps 100% of the "tips" being given. I feel like that should not be allowed, or a big sign on the door saying owner keeps 100% of all tips given. I should also note the owner doesn't even work inside the restaurant.

That would legit make my blood boil

So you going to make a sign and put it at the front door?

Oh nice!
Starbucks has half off drinks on Thursdays this month when you use the app. 12-6. Robert and I just hit that up.

"oh don't worry about it...the owner keeps all tips".
Florida, like many other states, abides by the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The FLSA designates tips as the sole property of the tipped employee. Any employer who tries to blatently steal an employee's tips is breaking the law.

I found out yesterday that BC gives 5 paid sick days a year on top of 3 unpaid sick days. Ontario only had 3 unpaid sick days. So I took a sick day today because there wasn't enough work anyways and I'm sick.

Sadly, I found out it’s legal here, and it’s legal in a number of states. Since it’s not a full service type restaurant, and employees are being paid an hourly wage (not $2.35/hr or whatever it is for waiters) the owner can keep it.
GAHHHHHHHHHH. That sucks! I'd hand them a starbucks gift card, or something, and say it was a gift LOL

I found out yesterday that BC gives 5 paid sick days a year on top of 3 unpaid sick days. Ontario only had 3 unpaid sick days. So I took a sick day today because there wasn't enough work anyways and I'm sick.

The province gives you sick days? I'm so confused... Damn Canadians lol :giggle:

Here we get sick days from our employers.

GAHHHHHHHHHH. That sucks! I'd hand them a starbucks gift card, or something, and say it was a gift LOL

You and your Starbucks. Don't picture you being a Starbucks girl.. lol

I love me some pumpkin spice too. :rotfl:

I love some other local mom n pop places around also. Although one of them went from one location to over 40+ in the past x amount of years. For convenience, Starbucks.

The province gives you sick days? I'm so confused... Damn Canadians lol :giggle:

Here we get sick days from our employers.

Province makes the employer pay for 5 sick days for any employee that has worked for at least 90 days. Can't carry the sick days over to the next year though.

:coffee: Morning :wave:
Province makes the employer pay for 5 sick days for any employee that has worked for at least 90 days. Can't carry the sick days over to the next year though.

:confused: Can't carry them over... so mfers definitely gonna use them even if they aren't sick.... :rolleyes:

Back