Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

I could tap into that outlet to get power......getting bad ideas, lol

Afternoon.

So all winter I've been curious as to how my hydro bill got higher even though we never used our baseboard heaters and only used the wood stove. Thought it was because the wife and inlaw were doing laundry more often and we were cooking inside more often. Then I went to get my exhaust from under the house and it was like a sauna under it because theres a baseboard heater on. I'm not sure if it's even necessary to be on. At least not any more. Didn't have time to see if there was a switch on it.

But problem solved. Paid like and extra $60 every two months for one baseboard heater.

Afternoon.

So all winter I've been curious as to how my hydro bill got higher even though we never used our baseboard heaters and only used the wood stove. Thought it was because the wife and inlaw were doing laundry more often and we were cooking inside more often. Then I went to get my exhaust from under the house and it was like a sauna under it because theres a baseboard heater on. I'm not sure if it's even necessary to be on. At least not any more. Didn't have time to see if there was a switch on it.

But problem solved. Paid like and extra $60 every two months for one baseboard heater.
Are there water lines exposed under the house? It may be there purely to keep the water lines from freezing. Nomar had a similar situation on his house.

Are there water lines exposed under the house? It may be there purely to keep the water lines from freezing. Nomar had a similar situation on his house.
Yes but i feel like it doesnt need to be as warm as it is. its all spray foam insulated as well. it got to -10c here for a week.other than that it rarely gets below freezing other than at night.

Camshaft day.

Also installed my downpipe and exhaust back on my car but forgot that the work computers don't let me install programs on them without admin password which I don't have. So I couldn't load my tune because I'm not sure if I have it on my flashpro.
1000005707.jpg

Yes but i feel like it doesnt need to be as warm as it is. its all spray foam insulated as well. it got to -10c here for a week.other than that it rarely gets below freezing other than at night.
So as long as it doesn’t get cold enough to have pipes freeze under the house. I don’t know if that unit you have can be adjusted with a thermostat to say 40-45 degrees (4-7 degrees C)?

So as long as it doesn’t get cold enough to have pipes freeze under the house. I don’t know if that unit you have can be adjusted with a thermostat to say 40-45 degrees (4-7 degrees C)?
I found a knob. I set it much lower. I'll check it in the morning. Doesn't have any measurements on it.
What happened to the original camshaft, or what vehicle is that from?
Usual hemi things.
1000005708.jpg

yikes, that cam does look rough. You could get a cheap thermometer and mount it somewhere under the house. That way you could see how the temps look depending on how cold it gets.

At the local Toyota dealer getting a free service(oil, filter, tire rotation, cabin filter) and also having them check the brakes since the shake a little.

No fun cars on the lot which is a shame, lol.

Forgot my Bluetooth headphone thingies. So can’t waste the hour wait watching YouTube.

This 4Runner is nice….cool/interesting color.

IMG_1284.jpeg

At the local Toyota dealer getting a free service(oil, filter, tire rotation, cabin filter) and also having them check the brakes since the shake a little.

No fun cars on the lot which is a shame, lol.

Forgot my Bluetooth headphone thingies. So can’t waste the hour wait watching YouTube.

This 4Runner is nice….cool/interesting color.

View attachment 66761
Feel like I'd rather have that than the taco but a truck bed is more useful.

They replaced the rear drum brakes which got rid of the shaking while braking. All is well.

From here on out, time for me to do the maintenance. Technically I can get one more tire rotation at 25k miles but no oil change under the Toyota care crap.

Which is a bit funny since the next oil change is at 5k miles from now. That would put the truck at 25,200 miles. Maybe since it is passed the 2 year/25k miles Toyota care they won’t do the oil change?

Acura is a ***** about oil changes. Only if you’re at 15% will they touch your car during the 2 year maintenance program. Oh, and don’t put too many miles on the car because they’ll restrict you if you go more than 3-4 times.

So my Acura isn’t going to see a dealership service because I won’t accrue enough miles for it to be more than a single oil change during that 2 years.

yikes, that cam does look rough. You could get a cheap thermometer and mount it somewhere under the house. That way you could see how the temps look depending on how cold it gets.

Well, turned the knob the wrong way as you can see from the usage yesterday. Turned it right off this morning. Will be interesting to see what the usage is tomorrow.
I'm going to get a wireless thermometer for next winter to see how cold it would get without the heater.
1000005717.png

Back