Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Did head gaskets on a V6 1500. Finished it at the end of the day today. I cranked it by hand after installing the timing chains. Cranked it with the fuel system disabled to build oil pressure before starting it and it still kicked out a rocker arm.
View attachment 66629
took apart, put back together, runs great.

Next job. Broke cam shaft. Needs a new head, cam cap bolt broke.

1000005081.jpg

Big Jobs = More $$$

:wave: Morning Everyone.
Kind of. Depends on the job and how often you get little jobs in between. This one is paying 16 hours. I'm half way done and 3 hours in.

I'd rather do stuff like this than oil changes all day but I'd also rather do brakes and easy stuff instead of this. Gotta pay my dues at the new job though.

Gotta love our weather….last Friday/Saturday I had to drip the faucets since we were going to be at freezing temps for 26hours straight. Today and tomorrow is supposed to reach 65-70 degrees.

At least the nice cars come out with the nice temps….

IMG_1134.jpeg

I’m thinking the driver is a big shot at the dealership this car is at. You see really nice cars from time to time here and they all have the same dealer vanity plate….not even an actual dealer plate.

I’m 6ft tall and the roof in this 720S came up to my waist/belt line.

Gotta love our weather….last Friday/Saturday I had to drip the faucets since we were going to be at freezing temps for 26hours straight. Today and tomorrow is supposed to reach 65-70 degrees.
:eek: Years ago we did the dripping of the faucets but it's been a while. Winters have been mild the last 5 or so years. This winter so far the lowest temp (night) was upper teens.

I would assume your house is insulated enough to not have to do that??

At least the nice cars come out with the nice temps….

View attachment 66634

I’m thinking the driver is a big shot at the dealership this car is at. You see really nice cars from time to time here and they all have the same dealer vanity plate….not even an actual dealer plate.

I’m 6ft tall and the roof in this 720S came up to my waist/belt line.

Is that a little cocaine by the door there?

I would assume your house is insulated enough to not have to do that??
I’m on a crawl space that’s 2ft in the front and almost 6ft on the back. There is insulation between all the floor joists but all the water pipes are below the floor joists. Basically all “hanging” there and not insulated.

Obviously it passed code…which I’m sure it’s pretty lax here since it doesn’t snow often.

If you guys can see the below video on Facebook. A friends Jeep Grand Cherokee is trying to start but won't crank over. The video states "if anyone knows someone at jeep that can fix this issue" So not exactly sure if they have taken it in or not.

Basically it sounds like the Jeep just turns over but is not firing off the engine. Sounds like the starter might be good but maybe not engaging the flywheel? maybe bad injectors? or no power to injectors?

@Janz3n

View: https://www.facebook.com/stories/245387939543551/UzpfSVNDOjM4NzY1OTgyNzE4MTU3Mw==/?view_single=1

So the Jeep has been in the dealership 3 times. 2 times they could not figure out anything is wrong with the car, the 3rd time they “replaced” a relay. See below…

From what I was told, the jeep runs fine. Then when you go to turn it on the next time, it won't start. Has been going on since the summer. Issue stopped when it was cold out the last couple weeks and issue started again today.

72806607601__3124EFA7-2643-4E36-9A67-0EB91AFBDB57.jpeg

I was told that the dealer told my friend that the relay was on back order then magically the next day the vehicle was fixed and picked up.

Sounds pretty shady for a part to be back ordered and then 24hrs later is was shipped, received and installed in 24hrs.

Here is page 2 of the invoice and no mention of relay replacement on the parts and labor side.

IMG_6393.jpeg

Last edited:
I've had a bunch of these with bad fuel pumps that cause a crank no start issue. Usually very random when it won't start.

Probably doesn't show parts and labour because it's under warranty? Shows pdc part number in the first invoice. No charge. (n/c)
Also has the new pdc fixed their issue or not?

Last edited:
Issues still happening, vid is from this morning and the invoice is from Nov

Back