Motor Mounts?

Lesmira

I did search prior to posting. Just looking for some insight. I’m embarrassed to say that I’d never paid much attention to the bushing play since I’m usually on the side of the vehicle when dropping. I got a look this last time and I’ve got some questions.

View: https://vimeo.com/534029577

Soooo noticed some pretty good bounce while dropping the lift. Does this look like excessive play? Video doesn’t really capture well but here’s an idea. I’m just not sure how much play there’s supposed to be. Getting a bit of front end vibration among a couple other things I think can probably be attributed to bad mounts. Passenger mount looks fine. Vehicle is a 2013 SI Sedan.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm no expert, but that looks like a lot of movement to me. Could just be that I'm used to the stiffer mounts now though.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm no expert, but that looks like a lot of movement to me. Could just be that I'm used to the stiffer mounts now though.
I thought the same thing, especially just for bumping the lift. Here’s the rundown...

It isn’t driving quite right. Shifting is looser but more notchy, lots of feedback from the motor. Idk maybe she’s just dying lol. I just can’t get the shake out of the front end (passenger side mainly). Feels like the engine cuts power (not losing electrical, just actual motor power) accelerating over a good bump.

Replaced shocks/struts, half shaft twice, tires, wheels, sway bar end links, checked tie rods (inner and outer), lower control arms/bushings/ball joints look fine...

it does seem like it's pretty bouncy, but I've never seen one bounce like that on a lift. When’s the last time you changed the trans fluid, and how many miles on the current fluid? Sticking specifically with Honda manual trans fluid is pretty important as well. I don’t know if you’ve used other fluids, but I would urge you to replace it with oem next round and see how your “notchy” feeling goes.

it does seem like it's pretty bouncy, but I've never seen one bounce like that on a lift. When’s the last time you changed the trans fluid, and how many miles on the current fluid? Sticking specifically with Honda manual trans fluid is pretty important as well. I don’t know if you’ve used other fluids, but I would urge you to replace it with oem next round and see how your “notchy” feeling goes.
Fluid was changed by Honda around 1 month ago.

well that's good on the trans fluid at least. You could look through this thread to get an idea on the motor mounts. Maybe you have a bad mount?

Another thought is shifter cable bushings or base bushings. A lot of people have swapped the oem rubber bushings to metal bushings. Hybrid racing sells them along with other brands. Maybe your rubber cable bushings are pretty worn causing it to feel bad?

If you can feel the car vibrate while it's idling it needs new mount(s). I am not sure with the SI but on my LX (1.8) we have a passenger side motor mount which is mounted vertical and is liquid filled. These go bad and this was the only one I replaced. For my car the lower and rear motor mounts are rubber with holes in them and these do not need to be replaced unless they are cracked or broken.

ive never noticed when ive had mine on a lift but that does seem excessive. check the passenger mount and see if its damaged at all. if i were you and needed mounts id go aftermarket but i dont mind the extra vibrations.

Back