muffler size help

818_kevs

Vehicle Model
Lx
Body Style
coupe
whats up guys ive been looking at some universal mufflers to get a better sound but i am stuck i dont know much about this and i am concerned that the muffler will look way to over sized for my civic the muffler is a universal spec d with a burned tip it says 3.5" outlet and 2.5" inlet can anyone tell me what this means? also if you guys know of any other mufflers or exhaust systems that arnt over 350?

pic of a burnt tip below. Outlet being 3.5" means that end of the pipe is 3.5" in diameter that comes out of your bumper area. The 2.5" is the other end that goes under the car.

w9wy9ZC.jpg

There is a link below my post showing exhaust options. That may help you out some.

thanks you! do you know if that size of muffler will look to big on the civic?

A number of the SI exhausts are 4" tips. You should be able to go with a 3.5 on the lx without having issues. The larger you go, the closer you'll be to the bumper. LX models don't have a cutout on the rear bumper like the si model does.

4" tip below. More pics of others in the thread I linked you to above.

10157301_c.jpg

i feel like the 3.5 tip will look out of place on the LX since it doesnt have a cutout. it'l just be some big muffler randomly floating below the bumper

Do you guys know if the 2011 exhaust systems fit on our civics?

just an update i ended up going with the spec d muffler and it looks great doesnt look big at all, its not even that loud either

Reactions: Nix
Do you have it on already? how was fitment? Bolt right up for you?

yea i have it on.. and no it wasnt a bolt on :/ it had to be welded on but it looks good

Reactions: Nix
Back