My First Lease: A year later.. I have a few questions

Yes this is one of the reasons why I skipped the Mazda3, GTI, and Focus ST.

I absolutely love this car and I can't wait to get get properly tuned. I am just going to cross my fingers I can get my monthly payment down when I finance after the lease ends.

Every 10k you finance is about $200 a month give or take a few bucks. I just plan on stroking a check for the buyout and calling it a day

I believe it, It's like I said I worked for Honda for 3 years you never see the SI come in on trade. And even when you do they are gone in a heartbeat. The whole time I worked there we maybe had 1 or 2 8th gens come in. The 2012 9th gen on the other hand I saw a few more of those come back but not many.

I took in an 08 that was beat to $hit with 100k it and we still gave the kid 7k and that was low balling the car because of mileage.

Every 10k you finance is about $200 a month give or take a few bucks. I just plan on stroking a check for the buyout and calling it a day
Lol, unfortunately, I won't have 15 grand in the bank to do that. I was thinking I might put down 3k and finance the rest if they'll let me do it they way. Luckily I have good credit too.

They will let you finance it no problem what sucks is depending on where you live you will also need to pay taxes and dealer fees on top of the actual price of the car so it tends to cost a little more than the actual buyout.

Yes she mentioned I might have to do that depending on where I finance

Honestly, though.. If I could go back in time, I'd have kept my 06 Si coupe. It only had 80K miles, was in excellent condition and I owned only 7k on it at 190 /mo.

I pay 273 a month including taxes and I had them include window tint in the price of the car and I didn't put any money down so I think its a fair deal.

When you buy a Honda especially a civic there is always dealer money to be had if i had waited another month I would have saved another $1000-2000 and lowered my payment by another $20-40 bucks but I wanted the car right away.

Yeah I've always screwed up the haggling and stuff because I didn't go into it informed.

I think it's also important to realize how much you like the car, or not. Like you said, you wish you would've kept your 06 coupe. I've always wanted an SI as a daily and now I finally have one. It's the car I've always wanted, and if I can help it probably won't sell it.

With newer cars all they really do is add a few features here there, maybe a few hp? For instance, the 2014 received +4.

If you genuinely like the car, keep it clean and take care of it and it will do the same to you. That 06 would've been amazing all the way to the grave.

I feel especially with the 9th gens, they've added so many features I feel that I waited for the right time to pull the trigger.

To each their own.

How much were your taxes and dmv fees? As far as why I pay so much, I think it was my own doing.

I had my heart set on a GTI at first. They wouldn't budge on a lease lower than 375. So I went to Honda and told them I wanted to lease a Civic Si lower than that.

Another factor could be my credit rating? It's around 690. Or it could be my income which is about 36K.

Has anyone ever bitten the bullet and cancelled their lease? If I could be paying in the 200s, I'm thinking maybe it might be worth it for me to go to another Honda dealership with the prospect of turning in my 2013 for a 2014.

Yeah, your lease payment is pretty high. My '12 TSX SE is only $332 a month and that was with zero down.

See what your money factor (interest rate) is, but I would agree with others about waiting until the lease is up before buying it. My guess is that you're rate is pretty high though, which would explain the higher payment. Look at your contract and let us know the rate. The nice thing about HFC is that if you have a good payment history with them they will usually give you a better rate on your next car, even if your score is still lower. I also leased an '08 TSX and I bought it out and the end of the lease and sold it for a nice little profit. Hard to beat an Honda/Acura lease with their great residual value. ;)

I don't know what did wrong then. I called a dealership near me an hour ago and got a quote of 410 /mo 12000 miles, 0 down @690 credit score.

Back