My First New 2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe

JayZam94

Arlington Tx
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I recently bought a 2012 honda civic si and I am planning on turning it into THE Si of my dreams and I have some ideas but I'm not sure where all to start or to get the best prices parts. If anyone could help where any opinions or suggestions on how I should get started on it.

Heres what I had in mind.
- Injen intake
- Red JDM honda emblems
- Throttle body spacers
- Matte Gold varrestoen like wheels

Here is a picture of my car thanks you for anyone with useful input!

20130909_101336.jpg

Welcome :wavey: Congrats on the purchase. Although I'm not a Si owner myself, most would suggest beginning with a downpipe and intake.

Welcome and congrats!

You say turn this in to the car of your dreams. Can you elaborate? As in appearance or performance or both? The reason I ask is, if you are considering performance mods, you may want to reconsider on the Injen depending on your goals. Also, a throttle body spacer is really just for looks. No concrete evidence that it increases performance much...if at all.

Ask away on ideas for any mod. There are many knowledgeable people here just waiting to help!

Thanks alot, I'm trying to learn this to the best of my abilities. I want to start off with at least 3 performance modifications that can give me the most hp gain for my buck before I add on a few appearance mods.

Thanks alot, I'm trying to learn this to the best of my abilities. I want to start off with at least 3 performance modifications that can give me the most hp gain for my buck before I add on a few appearance mods.

Downpipe, exhaust, and FlashPro (w/ a tune). Not sure what your budget is, though.

I know the flashpro is pretty pricy what would be a an alternative for that that could also be a pretty good improvement. As for specific downpipes or exhaust systems, would you recommend any?

I know the flashpro is pretty pricy what would be a an alternative for that that could also be a pretty good improvement. As for specific downpipes or exhaust systems, would you recommend any?

A member is selling FlashPro used here if you want to save a bit of money:

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/hondata-flashpro.9324/

As far as downpipe and exhaust, Full-Race or Ultimate Racing is the only way to go if you're really serious about performance.

Wow that looks like a great offer! If i were to get that about how much hp would it increase. Also, about how much do the tunes run for this upgrade would you happen to know?

Wow that looks like a great offer! If i were to get that about how much hp would it increase. Also, about how much do the tunes run for this upgrade would you happen to know?

I believe the Reflash was claiming about a 15hp increase which is an included calibration with FlashPro. You can get an eTune from @VitViper for $179. Going to a local shop on a dyno will run you a $200+. I highly recommend a tune after getting a downpipe. If you go with a 3.5" intake (highly recommended!), you must get a tune.

My Si is still bone stock due to budget constraints, but I know a lot of people on this forum have the Tsudo exhaust and like it. You can't beat the price, almost half of others.....

^ as long as you're ok with it being one of the loudest exhausts.

I was thinking that would be like my 3rd or so mod maybe? I need a bit more power before the sway bar dont you think? I could be wrong, I'm somewhat new to this.
the sway is something that you can FEEL. the performance mods you may be able to tell a little bit but the sway is night and day. i love mine

Back