My Journey - Civic Si, S2000, and beyond

The short bed is 60" and the longer bed for the access cab is 73". You lose 13" on it. The wheelbase ends up being the same for the double cab short bed vs. access cab.

Lol I relly like mine, but man it was a purchase. So expensive. I love it though, heated seats, JBL system, sunroom, tonneau bed cover, and of course had to have TRD 4x4. Its for the days when I don't feel like grunting when I step out of the S2k ;)

Mine doesn't have the niceties of heated seats, sun roof, or JBL. But it has the rear diff locker, winch, and the most glorious gas guzzling excuse supercharger.

Mine doesn't have the niceties of heated seats, sun roof, or JBL. But it has the rear diff locker, winch, and the most glorious gas guzzling excuse supercharger.

I really enjoy the engine in the new one, and have tried to figure out if it has a small turbo cuz it sure sounds like it. That or the intake just sounds really good when hitting the gas, but I love the forced induction options for them! I bet its a lot of fun, I do not have the rear-diff locker, but it does perform well off road for what I do. Which is just drive off into random fields or mud haha

Is your Taco manual?

It is not, but that is only because I had such a hard time finding a TRD, getting a TRD manual was even more of a unicorn. Plus I sit through so much traffic each day commuting into Nashville, it was not a huge deal to me.

Reactions: Nix
It took some time to find TRD Manuel for me. I live in PA so traffic is almost non existent

@Dennis Rockholt, no turbo on those motors and I'm pretty sure the FI options are very lean as of this time. You'd pretty much only get the turbo option since Magnusson said they're not likely to build superchargers for the 3.5L motor because TRD won't be working with them like they've done in the past. FI options might be limited but, you can throw every other accessory at these things unlike our 9th gen Civics, which were light on the aftermarket support.

@FooBird Man then the intake sounds incredible as the RPM goes up, and I agree with you from a mod standpoint. I like that they added hp for this gen though

@FooBird Man then the intake sounds incredible as the RPM goes up, and I agree with you from a mod standpoint. I like that they added hp for this gen though

Yup. Like 40 or 50. Still sitting at about 265 ft. lb. torque. Flatten out that torque curve and increase redline.

The car looks great bro! Im already looking for another s2k :bananasplit: this time an ap2. Trying to find something under 40k miles 06+ if possible

The car looks great bro! Im already looking for another s2k :bananasplit: this time an ap2. Trying to find something under 40k miles 06+ if possible

Thanks! This has just 80k, but is an '03 with basically AP2 everything outside of motor. Which Is okay, I like the cable throttle and 9k redline ;)

Back