NBA Thread

I think it was someone else. lol.

Oh... lol Well.

Boozer - duke
Deng - duke
Noah - self explanatory
Derrick Rose - Hate his style of game for a PG. Coach Cal player who couldn't qualify without cheating on his ACTs
Teague - bum Cal pg

I don't think it will be too much of a problem. He is smart enough to drive to the basket, which he is great at, if he isn't confident with a 3 pointer while being guarded. Creates his own shot for layups and dunks and is a set shooter from 3. That's okay with me, most great 3 point shooters are the ones who often find themselves wide open. Chucking 3's while being guarded isn't smart basketball anyway, the point is to be pretty open. Being good at getting open and shot selection are probably half of the criteria of a great 3pt shooter. Knocking down the open shot consistently is more important to me, and it's even better when the player knows his limit and passes or drives if he's too heavily guarded to shoot.

He took less than two 3pt attempts per game his time in college. Couple that with the longer NBA 3pt line, and your guess is as good as mine of how effective from deep he can be (when wide open).

It's not about chucking 3's when you're guarded. It's about being able to take your man off the dribble, pull up, and hit the mid range jumper. Being able to run your man off of a screen, pull up and take the 3pt shot or mid range jumper. Being able to create off the dribble with more than just a driving layup (which teams will adjust to quickly if his jumper is that suspect). The league is driven by playmaking guards and Oladipo really isn't one.

People underestimate the jump from college to the pros. I have seen way too many elite college scoring guards struggle mightily in the NBA to be sold on anyone that isn't a sure fire star.

Oladipo will be a rich man's Tony Allen if he develop his offensive game. If he can't, we're probably looking at a real life version of Tony Allen.

Oh... lol Well.

Boozer - duke
Deng - duke
Noah - self explanatory
Derrick Rose - Hate his style of game for a PG. Coach Cal player who couldn't qualify without cheating on his ACTs
Teague - bum Cal pg

You don't like Duke?

It's all good. I did't like Boozer too much when he played for Utah.

I have nothing against the organization itself. I just can't stand the franchise that Jordan built being overrun by dookies and scum calipari players.

Are you from Chicago? I would think living in Jersey you'd either be a Nets or Knicks fan.

I have nothing against the organization itself. I just can't stand the franchise that Jordan built being overrun by dookies and scum calipari players.

Are you from Chicago? I would think living in Jersey you'd either be a Nets or Knicks fan.

I'm not from Chicago. I've never been there actually. Lol. The Nets or Knicks were never in my interest. My primary teams are Bulls/Bears. Lol. I'm also a Spurs fan (not as much as Chicago) bc Ginobili is one of my favorite players as a kid.

I don't like the Giants and the team I hate the most in NFL is the Jets.

I'm so glad the thunder got a solid big man. I know Adams will have to develop his offensive game but he will give Ibaka help in the paint and I'm sure he can learn some "meat and potatoes" type styles from Kendrick Perkins

Howard is going to be a Rocket. Will it be a big 3 with Howard, Lin, Harden? Or another flop team wherever Howard joins? I think I'll rather have Asik play with more minutes.

I don't think Lin is worthy to be considered part of a big 3 :giggle:

They still need a power forward. Unless they plan on playing Asik and Howard together. Regardless, that will be some serious post depth.

I don't see this changing the western landscape much, however.

Howard is going to be a Rocket. Will it be a big 3 with Howard, Lin, Harden? Or another flop team wherever Howard joins? I think I'll rather have Asik play with more minutes.
I'm gonna go with Howard harden and parsons if we are naming a "big 3"

True. I guess Howard, Harden and Parsons make more sense. There are a lot of people saying that Howard jumping from Lakers to the Rockets is like LeBron jumping from Cavs to the Heat. But no one is saying that Howard is only doing it to get a ring. That is a bad comparison between LeBron and Howard. Apples to oranges. Lol.

In other news, Clippers got rid of Bledsoe but gets Darren Collison.

True. I guess Howard, Harden and Parsons make more sense. There are a lot of people saying that Howard jumping from Lakers to the Rockets is like LeBron jumping from Cavs to the Heat. But no one is saying that Howard is only doing it to get a ring. That is a bad comparison between LeBron and Howard. Apples to oranges. Lol.

In other news, Clippers got rid of Bledsoe but gets Darren Collison.
Yeah, him leaving orlando would be more similar to Lebron leaving the heat...

I would see Dwight as someone who will hop all over the NBA and won't find the right team.

It will be weird seeing Jason Kidd coach Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett.

I can't believe the mavs signed Jose caldren when Brandon Jennings and Jeff Teague were still unsigned. H*ll even jarrett jack was as of a few days ago. I want to root for the home team but Cuban is making it very very hard

969332_611093635589933_1695936001_n.jpg

Sounds like the Cavs got Bynum, even if his knees don't hold up, the risk is minimal. They are paying him what they paid Luke Walton last season.

Back