Need HELP with mini H1 retro

Dcalicotte03

So my bulb retainer clip is not fitting right. When I put the bulb through the screws keep the bulb from entering the projector. So I'm thinking I'll cut the tabs on the retainer and use some kind of glue to keep the retainer on the nut. What would be the strongest and set up quick? JB weld?

iiajRNI.jpg

the "bulb holder" in the pic is getting in the way of your hid bulb going in the projector? Have a pic or vid of what the problem is?

It was the way the screws went it. Something was off. The other light didn't have the problem. I used lots of Jb weld. LOTS then epoxied all around the holder so hopefully it will stay. then when I got everything aimed I epoxied the projectors in place. Turned out decent except I only had some garbage ddm 5k bulbs so they are t super bright. Too much color for me and the bulbs have hot spots. I was thinking morimotos upgraded h1 bulb but is there anything out there better for the h1?

unfortunately there aren't many options for the h1 in hid bulbs

Thanks for the link. I've seen that before but my question isn't really about color as it is life span and performance considering the Phillips are twice the price. I assume since the kelvin rating is more accurate on the Phillips I would assume they have greater light output. But are they really worth twice the price? As far as life span and even beam pattern?

Anyone else have any opinions? Right now I'm thinking the xb35 bc I've seen some good reviews and that they are noticeably brighter than ddm and the Phillips have a hefty price tag.

I would just go with the Morimoto H1's I've ran them before and they were great. Everything TRS sells seems to be of very good quality for the price.

I have the 35W DDM. I'm not sure how much brighter they are with the 55W or with the 55W on retrofits.

I've decided to go with the xb35 but now when I go the trs site I use the drop down box to select bulb size and it says zero next to h1? What gives? I was just looking at them earlier today and had them in my cart

I'm thinking web problems. I've some similar glitches happen to me on their site. I'll try again tomorrow morning.

Site worked this morning. Bought some xb35. Seen a lot of reviews claiming they are noticeably brighter than the standard morimoto and that the standard 3 five are noticeably brighter than the ddm so I think I'll be happy. Thanks guys

Reactions: Nix
Yes the XB35 are a touch brighter throughout the beam pattern, I think its most noticeable on the sides.

Back