New 2012 Civic LX

JTShurtleff

Hey all,
My name is JT and I just got my first ever Honda and can't wait to modify it! Just wanted to introduce myself and ask what I should do first? Don't want anything crazy and no engine mods but I'd love input on interior features I could install and I really want to put a backup camera in it and was wondering how hard it was (I read the DIY article). Thanks guys and gals!

Welcome! You have an automatic or manual? You thinking about an aftermarket stereo? You into lighting? Gotta give us some ideas as to where to start!

Otherwise, put a K&N drop-in filter in first.

Auto, getting ready for kids so no manual for me haha but I'm interested in lighting, fog lights and such but not sure about interior lighting. Really want the factory nav with Bluetooth but don't know how or how much. Backup camera would be sweet and definitely need ideas on good looking fairly cheap wheels. No hub caps for this guy

Auto, getting ready for kids so no manual for me haha but I'm interested in lighting, fog lights and such but not sure about interior lighting. Really want the factory nav with Bluetooth but don't know how or how much. Backup camera would be sweet and definitely need ideas on good looking fairly cheap wheels. No hub caps for this guy

Factory nav is monetarily not feasible unless you get it new with the car. Unit and parts alone retail for over $3500.

Welcome and congrats! I'm sure you'll get lots of ideas once you've spent some time looking around. It's a great spot for that.

Holy schnikees! Okay well then how about something similar lol

You could get a stereo head unit that includes navigation (like a Pioneer), or a head unit with a video input and use the navigation from your phone by running a line in, or attempt the iMid RCA input DIY and display your phone image on there. Or just buy a Garmin.

Haha yeah I have a tomtom but I really like the way the factory one looks in the car. I just want a big screen

I am installing a Pioneer Head Unit with support for a backup camera that will be mounted on a license plate frame and going to run a line out from my Android phone to display on my head unit to be able to use Google Maps Navigation. Total cost will be about $600 for parts. I am going to install all of it myself.

Last edited:
Nice car man.

I suggest:

Intake resonator delete (free)
K&N drop in filter ($50)
Progress 22mm Rear sway bar ($200)
New wheels and tires ($500-5000)
LED Dome light, map lights ($25)

Nice car man.

I suggest:

Intake resonator delete (free)
K&N drop in filter ($50)
Progress 22mm Rear sway bar ($200)
New wheels and tires ($500-5000)
LED Dome light, map lights ($25)

What do the top three things do and consist of doing?

Nice sway bar thread: Larger rear sway is probably the best handling upgrade you can do to your car.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/sway-bars.7207/

The K&N is just a better flowing filter without buying a new intake. There are a couple intake resonator threads on here. It's just a plastic box the car has to draw air through. It's mostly for sound damping. Pulling it is akin to changing your intake location to the wheel well.

Thanks to all of you! Yeah I want the backup camera but I've never done anything to my cars other than brakes and changed my turn signal relay so idk if I could do it right

Thanks to all of you! Yeah I want the backup camera but I've never done anything to my cars other than brakes and changed my turn signal relay so idk if I could do it right
I've never done anything like this before either, but will be doing it. The DIY is very thorough and we have guys to help out of you run into a snag. Check out the DIY and don't be shy to ask questions. We're here to help out.

Last edited:
Back