New 2012

On Fri new HIDs go in - 6k Lows, 3k fogs... Also tint on Sun. Next Sun am installing Eibach Front/Rear sway bars (setting rear stiffer than the front). In March I plan on doing an Injen intake, Greddy Evo exhaust, Hondata Flashpro, TBS, and D2 coilovers. After weather gets better i want to upgrade rims/tires too! Still in the air for brakes upgrades, though I'm prob going to get Hawk pads. Build pics to come!!!

On Fri new HIDs go in - 6k Lows, 3k fogs... Also tint on Sun. Next Sun am installing Eibach Front/Rear sway bars (setting rear stiffer than the front). In March I plan on doing an Injen intake, Greddy Evo exhaust, Hondata Flashpro, TBS, and D2 coilovers. After weather gets better i want to upgrade rims/tires too! Still in the air for brakes upgrades, though I'm prob going to get Hawk pads. Build pics to come!!!

General consensus is that it is unnecessary to do the front sway bar.

I suggest reading these threads:

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/eibach-front-sway-bar-and-full-sway-bar-kits-released.5194/
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/swapping-oe-sway-bars-for-optimal-handling.5617/

That's why I plan to do stiffer link on the back. There is a lot of steering feel lost, and I'm wanting to stiffen up the suspension to recapture as much as I can. Also, when I put on the coilovers, I plan on compensating for the larger front sway bar.....add in stickier tires (in the summer), and it will be worth it. I don't like the floaty feeling the car gives right now at higher speed, and so I am looking to eliminate it.

Sweet ride and a nice list of parts...I have planned about the same mods on mine for this seasons Solo II. Had Hankook R-S3's on my S2K last season and they rocked....can't wait to get those in 225's for this and suspension.

Maybe stainless steel lines & higher temp fluid eventually?
Many moons ago I put a set of EBC Red Stuff pads on stock S2K brakes prior to open track day @ Mid Ohio. (Result = FAIL)

If your ride is a street car, or an AutoCross car, it really makes little difference what brake setup you have .If you want to throw down times at Laguna Seca or other Road Courses, braking is very important. Bottom line, if you upgrade pads for track days w/o upgrading brake lines and fluid, you very possibly could be in for a surprise.

Back