New Enzo video

ferrari even imposes restrictions on journalists who test their cars. for instance, if a magazine requests a test car from ferrari, they will send not just a car, but usually two, with a whole team of engineers and mechanics. one car is designated for straight line testing only, and the other for handling tests. journalists who have refused to play by their rules have even been blacklists, banned for life from testing ferraris. they even go so far as to request customers not allow these journalists to drive cars either. of course, such practices seem questionable, and some journalists have spoken out about it, but do they care? no. people will still buy ferraris regardless.
I agree with you in general they have very strict rules and these exclusivity deals but any rule is sometime bent in the world of the super rich.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1028385_russian-billionaire-crashes-enzo

Russian billionare crashed one. Maybe he did not own it on paper, but most likely it was his to do as he pleases.

You may be right, as far I have seen in life money can buy almost anything material, it is just a matter of how much you're willing to pay.
that's true in most cases. but most of ferrari's products are so limited that demand exceeds supply. when that's the case, they can afford to be picky about who they sell to. many dealerships even choose not to do business with ANYONE who hasn't previously purchased a ferrari through their dealership. there are people who have the cash but have waited years on a waiting list for even their base models, only to get pushed to buy a used ferrari instead because some BS about not being able to get the cars.

lamborghini, on the other hand, doesn't have such restrictions.

Last edited:
many people who couldn't buy enzos new due to ferrari's restrictions were still able to buy them used. but anybody who crashes an enzo will probably not get another invitation from ferrari to buy another halo car.

that's true in most cases. but most of ferrari's products are so limited that demand exceeds supply. when that's the case, they can afford to be picky about who they sell to. many dealerships even choose not to do business with ANYONE who hasn't previously purchased a ferrari through their dealership. there are people who have the cash but have waited years on a waiting list for even their base models, only to get pushed to buy a used ferrari instead because some BS about not being able to get the cars.

lamborghini, on the other had, doesn't have such restrictions.
Yes I have heard of the same. I can understand their point, but as said I do not believe in absolutes. I love them but I would never jump through hoops to get one. If I would have so much money I would find a way to get one when and how I want it or buy another one :)

I think Bugatti does not even allow resale without approval for their Veryon in the first years. Still I have seen some of these halo cars in countries where you would not expect them to be. So somehow being rich enough gets you one.

http://www.exoticspotter.com/ferrari-enzo-moscow-russia-15418

Anyways we said more than enough, thanks for the extra details I am sure not everybody was aware of the Ferrari exclusivity practices. I was but I do not buy it fully :)

Sweet baby Jebus that car is delicious! I would personally fill up 80 burlap sacks with babies and drown them all in a river if somebody would give me one of those. :drooling:

lamborghini has nothing to do with ferrari...

Actually, Lamborghini wouldn't even exist as an auto manufacturer if it wasn't for Ferrari, so in that regard you're wrong. I may be missing a few of the details, but if I'm remembering correctly: Ferruccio Lamborghini owned a Ferrari. There was something he wasn't happy with, and asked Enzo Ferrari to address the issue. Enzo was insulted and berated Lamborghini mercilessly. Long story made shorter: Lamborghini stopped making tractors and set out to make cars that would take sales away from Ferrari.

Sweet baby Jebus that car is delicious! I would personally fill up 80 burlap sacks with babies and drown them all in a river if somebody would give me one of those. :drooling:

Actually, Lamborghini wouldn't even exist as an auto manufacturer if it wasn't for Ferrari, so in that regard you're wrong. I may be missing a few of the details, but if I'm remembering correctly: Ferruccio Lamborghini owned a Ferrari. There was something he wasn't happy with, and asked Enzo Ferrari to address the issue. Enzo was insulted and berated Lamborghini mercilessly. Long story made shorter: Lamborghini stopped making tractors and set out to make cars that would take sales away from Ferrari.
If you read the exchange, the discussion was about lamborghini's sales practices. He was saying that since Lamborghini does it one way, Ferrari has to be the same, which isn't the case.

If you read the exchange, the discussion was about lamborghini's sales practices. He was saying that since Lamborghini does it one way, Ferrari has to be the same, which isn't the case.

I admit that I made my point out of context from the start, but from a literal point of view I'm still right. :giggle:

I'm just joking around, and please know that I wasn't trying to mess with you in any way shape or form. :bighug:

I admit that I made my point out of context from the start, but from a literal point of view I'm still right. :giggle:

I'm just joking around, and please know that I wasn't trying to mess with you in any way shape or form. :bighug:
If anything, that exchange supports the fact that Lamborghini is different from Ferrari. He was so insulted by Ferrari's snotty attitude (which is still apparent today in their sales practices and their beliefs that their cars are for gentlemen only) that he made his own company to be different, and in some ways better.

If anything, that exchange supports the fact that Lamborghini is different from Ferrari. He was so insulted by Ferrari's snotty attitude (which is still apparent today in their sales practices and their beliefs that their cars are for gentlemen only) that he made his own company to be different, and in some ways better.

Although I didn't say it, I agreed with that point from the start. I was just being a smart alec literalist by derailing you guys' conversation. BUHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA!!!!!:shadyhat:

Once again I'm just messing around. :bighug:

Actually it is good that they disagreed we have now two great brands of super cars :) They're both too expensive at the moment for me exclusive or not ;) Apparently I am not enough of a gentleman Ha Ha :)

Last edited:
Actually it is good that they disagreed we have now two great brands of super cars :) They're both too expensive at the moment for me exclusive or not ;) Apparently I am not enough of a gentleman Ha Ha :)
If anything, Ferrari is just as obnoxious as Lamborghini compared to Aston Martin. Now THAT'S a gentleman's racer.

If anything, Ferrari is just as obnoxious as Lamborghini compared to Aston Martin. Now THAT'S a gentleman's racer.

...a beautiful, heavy, brick of a gentleman's racer. :bleh:

Who owns the gentlemen at Aston these days? I'm not being sarcastic this time. I'm actually asking a question. :giggle:

...a beautiful, heavy, brick of a gentleman's racer. :bleh:

Who owns the gentlemen at Aston these days? I'm not being sarcastic this time. I'm actually asking a question. :giggle:
But damnit, you'll love that heavy brick due to its beauty! :D
I'm not sure, but I believe it's a private investment company that now owns them. Yup!

am_db5_side.jpg

Back