squiggy

Cartographer
VIP Member
Michiana
Vehicle Model
Toyota MR2 Spyder
Body Style
Convertible
So, we decided to trade in my wife's 2010 Insight for a 2013. Both of them are EX w/ Navi. She had a Polished Metal Metallic and now she has Mediterranean Blue Pearl. I must say that I really like all of the minor tweaks from that have been done since the 2010.

Sorry for the canned picture as she was in hurry to take off once we picked it up. I will replace these with actual pics later. Inside and out.

2013-07-13 14.40.54.jpg

2013-07-13 14.41.13.jpg

2013-07-13 14.41.39.jpg

2013-07-13 14.41.02.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't kept up on the insight changes.... can you comment on what's improved?

• leather trim on the seats (not full leather)
  • leather steering wheel
  • leather shift knob
  • leather armrest
  • tinted windows
  • gauges have changed a bit
  • the trim piece around the Navi Unit used to be a shiny piece -ALWAYS showed dust
  • floor mats are standard
  • better looking alloy wheels
  • closed storage compartment under center dash in front of shifter
  • Reverse camera
  • Auto on/off headlights
  • blue tint over the reverse lights and headlights
  • gal_lg19.jpg

Last edited:
I like the headlights. Is it LED or HID?

Yep! I was impressed. Bought it sight unseen because the EX- Navi's are in short supply. Dealership searched Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, and Kentucky. They found two red, one black, and one blue. Wife hates red cars and is too lazy to keep a black one clean. So MBP it was. Came from Chicago. Needless to say, the changes were a pleasant suprise.

For some reason I thought that had the led or hid headlights. Maybe I was thinking Prius. Lol. I'd take the Insight over the Prius though.

For some reason I thought that had the led or hid headlights. Maybe I was thinking Prius. Lol. I'd take the Insight over the Prius though.

Definitely not a fan of the Prius. I think it is funny how people like to say the Insight is a ripoff of the Prius due to the rear hatch design. Then I pull up a picture of a CRX...

Well, those two cars are built that way to reduce drag significantly. They are not copying each other's design. That's just the design principle.

Well, those two cars are built that way to reduce drag significantly. They are not copying each other's design. That's just the design principle.

It is easier showing them (most at least) a picture than to try and explain aerodynamics.

Some nice improvements. I sat in one at a dealer when they first came out.

Some nice improvements. I sat in one at a dealer when they first came out.

It was definitely a nice surprise. My wife did complain about a new "safety" feature, though. The Navi is now locked out when the car is in motion. The 2010 was not like that. When you try to touch the screen it gives you a "nice" message that the commands can be done by voice.

• leather trim on the seats (not full leather)
  • leather steering wheel
  • leather shift knob
  • leather armrest
  • tinted windows
  • gauges have changed a bit
  • the trim piece around the Navi Unit used to be a shiny piece -ALWAYS showed dust
  • floor mats are standard
  • better looking alloy wheels
  • closed storage compartment under center dash in front of shifter
  • Reverse camera
  • Auto on/off headlights
  • blue tint over the reverse lights and headlights
Upgraded suspension, too. Which was badly needed in my opinion.

Last edited:
Finally updated first post with real pics!

Getting ready to do the first oil change. Maintenance minder is at 10% with 9,000 miles.

Back