New From PA

Ewww Mustangs. JK. Both cars are nice! Welcome to the site!

Welcome man... I am from the other side of the site, near Philly... But I was out near Pittsburgh for about 5 months this winter for work...

Welcome man... I am from the other side of the site, near Philly... But I was out near Pittsburgh for about 5 months this winter for work...
what's your opinion of east vs west PA?

what's your opinion of east vs west PA?

Roads are better, smoother, less hills and somewhat better and more comptant drivers are on the east. That's about all I can say, working 10-12 hour days and weekends I was home on the east or I was sitting in the apt back in Pittsburgh relaxing and sleeping so I didn't explore that much

Well, Southwest Pa, where im from is not the must culturally diverse place. It was quoted as one of the most racist parts of the united states. And theres not that big of a car scene here. Its a cool place though. As for East, i cant really say. Haven't been over that way too much.

Well, Southwest Pa, where im from is not the must culturally diverse place. It was quoted as one of the most racist parts of the united states. And theres not that big of a car scene here. Its a cool place though. As for East, i cant really say. Haven't been over that way too much.
Whats the attraction to Southwest Pa then SIlly? If it's full of racists and not much of a car scene whats cool about it? Just curious.

That area took a major hit from the loss of many industries in the area, primarily steel production during the 70's thru the 90's. It's since come back as a financial area. This changed the basis of the local populous from a manufacturing/production worker to more office based.

iron-city-logo.jpg

That area took a major hit from the loss of many industries in the area, primarily steel production during the 70's thru the 90's. It's since come back as a financial area. This changed the basis of the local populous from a manufacturing/production worker to more office based.
You mean it's changing from Blue collar to yuppies. LOL :wink1:

Lol, steel is still there but not as much as it was... Project I was working on out there was for a steel company that was expanding... Something like a 1.6 billion dollar investment, giving thousands of construction people work for a few years and gonna add around 600-1000 new positions when opened... Which will be a nice relief to many people...

Well, im only 18, so theres no real attraction here for me except for the fact that i cant move away on my own. And theres no chance on my family moving. Maybe some day though. Actually, the only interest i really have here is the city, i love Pittsburgh. And i couldnt stand to live on just flat ground. Love me some hills.

On the note of the racist thing, It may be quoted as it, but i dont seem to notice it that mnuch, maybe just because i grew up around it. I myself have no problems with diversity though.

Pittsburgh killed my clutch.... The drive down 28 from Blawnox to Brakenridge then Brackenridge its self from 28 to the site was brutal, especially when there was anyone else on the road.... You are supposed to maintain if not try to gain speed going uphill not driver slower and slower in the left lane....

Pittsburgh killed my clutch.... The drive down 28 from Blawnox to Brakenridge then Brackenridge its self from 28 to the site was brutal, especially when there was anyone else on the road.... You are supposed to maintain if not try to gain speed going uphill not driver slower and slower in the left lane....

Yeah, No one knows how to drive around here. Must be the darn tunnel monsters.

Back