New Guy, '12 Civic Si Coupe

2000GM

S.E. MA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Hello! I bought my Tafetta White Si coupe back in late June and figured I'd register after some lurking. I've never owned a Honda before (car, anyways) and never bought any Japanese vehicles brand new before. I have a 110 mile round trip work commute 3-5 times a week so long-term reliability was a large concern. I'd like to get about 8 years and 200K miles out of this car, along with lots of smiles along the way when I get the chance to have some fun.

I was considering the Mazdaspeed 3 and VW GTI, along with maybe waiting for the Veloster Turbo and Focus ST. In the end I decided the Hyundai and Focus would need to age a little to "work the bugs out" before I was comfortable buying one, and didn't want to wait that long. After lurking around the GTI discussion sites and seeing some of the relatively large problems people were having, I decided against one. If I was planning to only get 100K or less miles out of the car I was buying, it still would have been in the running. The Mazda...well I've never seen a Mazda that has aged well. They generally don't seem to do so well much past 100K miles. In the end I decided the Si was the best "blend" of the attributes I wanted. I had a hard time deciding between the coupe or sedan, but in the end I decided that since I'd be alone in the car almost all the time, I could sacrifice the 2 extra doors and practicality of the sedan. I still sometimes think I may have been better off with the sedan, but either way I chose the coupe with navigation. I have about 1900 miles on her so far and I'm loving it!

All I've done is remove the DOHC/vtec decals from the side and the civic badge from the trunk. Well, I also added some "SAVE THE MANUALS!" stickers to the rear 1/4 windows. I have no plans to sink much money into it as far as modifications go. The rev hang annoys the freaking hell out of me so as my warranty period draws to a close I might go Hondata, unless Honda comes up with a reflash/update that truly gets rid of it. Up up in the air on removing the intake resonator. I might add the OEM splash guards and auto-dim rear view mirror, but no real plans to do anything else.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

WELCOME!!!!!:brock:
yeah i had the decals on the side too which i liked but noticed they were a becon for HEY HERE I AM COME RACE ME !!!!
so when i had the lip kit put on they had to come off so i chose to keep them off and i think the car looks way better without them so good choice my friend the white looks SWEET !!!

LOL U say dat Now !!!!!
But Once u see the goodies Out there ur gonna get hooked !!!
i said the same thing my self and once i changed the shift knob it was a wrap !!
I......Cant......Stop !!!
ordering things for this freaking car lol
Good luck wit dat ok cause its gonna be REALLY hard to do so lol
and wit dat rev hang i think honda dealers starting fixing dat prob to my understanding ud have to call and see if their doing it by u
i know webby has the info on dat 1 ;0)

Welcome......... Looks nice with all the stuff cleaned off......... You might want to get the side molding though, just kidding, from looking at all the pic on here, I must be the only one that has them. As much as I like look of the side without them(was on when I bought mine) I decided to leave them for the sake of all the door bangers out there.

its all good bro to each is own if u like them on then hey they stay on lol
its just in my opinion the car looks nicer wit the lip kit on and i think it would just cheapen the look of the side of the car BUT !
dats only my opinion lol to me it looks alil more luxury wit lip kit but witout decals :corngrin:

i am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bored at work my co workers are gonna have to watch out lol :spazface:

Thanks guys!

Yes I plan to bring it in to the dealer for the X0A050 update soon. From all I've read it's not a total cure for it though, which is what I meant by Honda coming up with an update that "truly gets rid of it." However any improvement will be greatly appreciated. My car has an 03/12 build date, so I'm sure it has never had any updates at all, nevermind the X0A050.

I was looking at the Veloster too and just got word that the Turbos came into our dealer today. They look cool but I'm worried that they are sort of gimmacky...interested to see how they hold up.

I think you made the right choice! Your car looks great!

Back