New guy first time Honda owner

lockednloaded

Connecticut
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Hi guys. New to the forum and new to Hondas as well. I'm more of a dodge guy. Had a ram 1500 hemi, Dodge Challenger r/t, both gone now. Waiting on the new hellcat to actually appear on a dealer lot somewhere so I can buy one!!! Anyway I sold my old challenger and ram when I left for navy bootcamp and got a charger for my wife to have a nice car while I was away. I came back last Saturday and since we both need a car and the charger was all we had we picked up a 2015 civic Si last Thursday as our other vehicle. She's not very good at driving stick so she I've been driving it more than her. Which I have to admit....I like it that way. Never thought I'd like a Honda but here I am with a 2015 si. I think it looks great and the vtec got me hooked! Pretty awesome daily driver! I've always been a forum guy. I like reading on forums about anything I enjoy so naturally I looked for a civic forum that's how I found this place. I've been lurking a lot for the last few days and have read a lot of the build threads and gotten a lot of good ideas for mods and learned a TON already about civics. Look forward to learning even more! Thanks for all the good info.

Here's my 2015 orange fire pearl Si

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414977062.690905.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414977099.161354.jpg

Nice! I think you're the first one here with a 15! Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the site. A lot of people seem to dislike Hondas (especially the domestic car lovers) until they drive one. :giggle: My coworker just got a 2010 R/T. What was the reason why you got rid of yours?

Welcome to the site. A lot of people seem to dislike Hondas (especially the domestic car lovers) until they drive one. :giggle: My coworker just got a 2010 R/T. What was the reason why you got rid of yours?

I got rid of mine for two reasons. dodge announced the hellcat coming for 2015 which is amazing and exactly what I've been waiting for a few years since the rumors of it first started and also because I joined the navy and didn't know what my future would hold as far as where I'd be stationed if I'd be on a ship with no need for a car etc so instead of paying on two cars (payments,insurance,car taxes) that just sit there doing nothing I traded both in (my ram and challenger) on a charger for my wife that she would actually need and use as a daily driver for work. Then I finished my 6 months of training and got stationed at a base not a ship so I need a car now so I ended up with this and couldn't be happier. So il have a dd that I love that's super fun to drive and then when I get it il have the hellcat that I love too haha

It will be sweet owning a Hellcat. It will be a classic car for sure like the 396 Challenger R/T. I take that you will keep the Si as a daily and the Hellcat as a weekend car when you get it?

It will be sweet owning a Hellcat. It will be a classic car for sure like the 396 Challenger R/T. I take that you will keep the Si as a daily and the Hellcat as a weekend car when you get it?

For sure. Even with my r/t I would never daily drive that thing. Was my weekend joyride car that I planned to keep forever. That's what the hellcat will be for sure now. Beastly weekend joyride car lol. And a $60k garage filler in the winter haha. But yes the si will be my daily. I sense a lot of fun ahead of me for a loooong time with the si. Not one bad thing to say about it. Other than this forum has my wallet on fire in my pocket every time I see some of the mods you all have on your cars looking and sounding awesome.

There will be no need to add aftermarket parts on a Hellcat. :giggle: Put those funds on the Si for sure!

Welcome! As nix said, I think you're the first 2015 SI owner here. Congrats and enjoy it!

Welcome! Where are you stationed? I'm out here in Norfolk. Welcome to the Navy man.

I'm stationed in groton on the sub base. I report on Thursday I'm on leave right now out of A school. I'm actually from CT anyway so it actually works out kind of nicely haha. Thanks for the welcome! You assigned to a ship? I'm a HM so I'm just in the clinic on shore duty.

I'm stationed in groton on the sub base. I report on Thursday I'm on leave right now out of A school. I'm actually from CT anyway so it actually works out kind of nicely haha. Thanks for the welcome! You assigned to a ship? I'm a HM so I'm just in the clinic on shore duty.
I'm an ET on LPD 19 UDS Mesa Verde. Just got back from deployment. Good luck out there!

I'm an ET on LPD 19 UDS Mesa Verde. Just got back from deployment. Good luck out there!

Nice man. Much respect. Thank you for your service. I probably won't deploy at all since I won't be assigned to a ship working at a clinic and I didn't get sent to field med so I won't be going overseas with the marines. Your the real deal out there deploying.

Nice man. Much respect. Thank you for your service. I probably won't deploy at all since I won't be assigned to a ship working at a clinic and I didn't get sent to field med so I won't be going overseas with the marines. Your the real deal out there deploying.
Appreciate the love man. We don't pick our first orders though lol. But hey, you may make a career out of it. I hear shore duty is where it's at!

Welcome to the site! Im glad you like the civic!
I got to drive my friend's challenger a few times and i was hooked haha. And man the hellcat looks awesome! Thatll be a sweet car to have, definitely post up stuff about that car here too! I for sure would love to see it haha

Back