New guy here SOP Si sedan Aviano, Italy

Smokeditty

Aviano, Italy
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hi,
My name is David. I owned a 99 civic Si, taffeta white. 300hp, heavily modded. I blew the engine (Boosted B20Z2) over here in Italy and could not get a replacement over here, and didn't have the time to rebuild. Had to scrap the car. I stripped it and paid $1,500 in import taxes for all the parts I took off. I traded in my 05 Dodge ram SRT-10 for a 12 Si sedan SOP. 10 MPG was not fun and insurance wasn't very nice either. I have about 9 years of experience with Honda's. I hope to give and gain as much knowledge as I can to/from you guys.

12 Si Sedan
IMG_0765.jpg

99 Si Before
civic.jpg

After
strippedcivic002.jpg

strippedcivic008.jpg

strippedcivic011.jpg

welcome to the forum. Your 99 looks like it was quite a sleeper...I'm guessing it was turbocharged? Sucks to hear about the engine though.

Any plans for your 2012 Si?

Yeah she was quite the sleeper before I put the Megan racing muffler on and ran straight pipe all the back from the downpipe. Here's a small list of mods I had: Eagle rods, CP pistons, Greddy TD05H-18G turbo, RC550s, electronic boost controller.
I never got on the track after the rebuild. Best time in the 8th with 235 or so HP was 9.03 up in Sturgis SD. I really miss that car.

As for the new SI, I plan on boosting it to 250-300 HP and just staying there as soon as Flashpro decides to come out. Also in the near future: Tint, drop, HIDs, and scan gauge.

will you be buying a kit from the states, and having it sent to Italy...or a company in Italy is working on stuff?

ahhhh makes sense. Are you a pilot in the air force?

omg your '99 si was gorgeous! white is right! Very sad what happened with it :(
Right now Mr and I have a '96 LX sedan and will be getting a '00 EX coupe soon..both in Vogue Silver Metallic...they're just DDs though
The '99 M3 is our track baby.

Looks like your new ride is great. Seems like you have a very happy family in it also :) May it take you all safely wherever you may go :)

webby, No, not a pilot, I do miniature/microminiature soldering and also fix the boxes that control the aircraft.
MrsJrotax101 Thank you! It was a very sad day. I will forever miss that car. I wanted a white 12 Si but being stationed overseas I didn't have much of a choice. Honda gives the dealers here a set amount of cars and the shipment did not include a white Si. :( My wife and daughter love the new car.
iluvmycsx Thank you!
KennyGS Yup that's the wife and daughter. Daughter will be 1 on the 17th of july.

Back