New Member. 13 Si Sedan white.

Mr. Clean

I just put a deposit down for a 2013 Honda Si Sedan in white. It's being built tomorrow and I should receive it sometime in the end of the month. This will be my first Honda. I'm excited to join the community and hope to have a good experience with Honda.

First Car. 1985 Chevy P/U, SC/SB. Blew the motor due to a tranny and rear end that needed to be replaced. No pics. I was excited to simply be able to drive. Truck sucked overall in performance. Truck was a constant head turner though. It was candy red, lowered, shaved, ect. It sounded good too with a 350. 8 MPG baby.

Next. 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2WD. Nothing special, I just enjoyed being able to drive in High School. My mom end up getting it because she totaled her car. No pics.

Next. 1992 Chevy 1/2 ton P/U work truck, SC/SB. Blessed to have a vehicle at the time. No pics. Surprised it still ran due to all the off roading I did in it. I beat this truck hard in the country.

Next. Traded the Chevy in for a 2005 Ford F-150 STX. Nothing fancy, but I loved the truck. It got me through College. Rear end kept leaking oil.

Mods.
CAI
Exhaust
Tune
U/D Pulley
Tint
Rain guards
Kicker L7 Solo B subs
Mids and Highs (Pioneers?)
Grill guard
Level kit
Bed liner
BFG A/T's

Thing was still crazy slow. I don't think I won a race.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373736076.705632.jpg

Next. I got a decent job and got a 2010 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport 2wd double cab. It was a beast for such a heavy truck. Rear suspension was horrible. Bounced like crazy with no weight. Gas peddle was too sensitive. Averaged 12 MPG.

Mods

Factory TRD Supercharger
Factory Rear Sway Bar
Shaved and blacked out
HID's
Full LED conversion
In dash screen
Tint

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373736230.000134.jpg

Next, I wanted to go exploring and off roading. 2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X. Amazing stock off road performance. The rear locker made huge difference. It still amazes me the places we took it. I got rid of it because you pay when you play. I had to replace a lot of parts due to off roading. MPG sucked and the rear suspension road like crap on the road. Many reports of a weak front diff.

Mods

Deaver leaf springs and bump stop
Tint
Rain guards
Hitch

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373736439.484159.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373736454.018579.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373736464.418370.jpg

Next I had to get a more fuel efficient car due to marrying my wife, having two kids, buying a house and buying her a car. 2012 VW 2012 Golf TDI. I love getting 45MPG on the highway and the torque. Overall I loved this car. I had to get rid of it due to it being a 2 door. Pain in the *** loading the kids and items. I just always loved how hatchbacks look. I'm 5-06 and never liked the seating position. Nice interior. You get a lot of bang for the buck. I've read of concerns about the DPF filter. I didn't want to risk it. VW maintenance/repairs is expensive.

Mods

Tint

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373736625.852451.jpg

After test driving several cars (Focus ST, WRX, GTI, ect.) I decided to give Honda a shot. I wanted something reliable, decent on MPG, be able to carry the family when the wife's SUV wasn't available and somewhat fun to drive.

I'm looking forward to being a Honda owner and the community.

Thanks.

Welcome to the site. You'll enjoy the 2013. Overall, it's a practical car besides the 6-speed manual. But the manual trans is what gives the fun factor and an enjoyable ride. What are your plans for the car? And it's being built tomorrow? The dealership doesn't have one available?

Welcome to the site. You'll enjoy the 2013. Overall, it's a practical car besides the 6-speed manual. But the manual trans is what gives the fun factor and an enjoyable ride. What are your plans for the car? And it's being built tomorrow? The dealership doesn't have one available?

I had to do a similar thing with my TW Si. They got a hold of the dealer that was getting it before it was even built and traded. Then I had to wait for it to be built. It was so worth the wait though, you'll love it!

I had to do a similar thing with my TW Si. They got a hold of the dealer that was getting it before it was even built and traded. Then I had to wait for it to be built. It was so worth the wait though, you'll love it!

Exactly my situation.

Main goal for the car is reliability and comfort. I want to keep it for a good amount of time. My wife's car is paid off and it's a good feeling . I hope to do the same for this car.

The most immediate mod is tint of course. I try to tell myself to keep it stock, it usually doesn't last long. I like clean simple cars. I'm not into the flashy stuff anymore (crazy amount of stickers, mad camber, obnoxious exhausts, ect.)

Good chance of mods

-High performance summer tires on 18" rims
-Tune
-exhaust

Maybe after warranty I want a sleeper.

-supercharger
-suspension

Who knows where this car goes.

The car looks so good! Btw, getting a full suspension will not void your warranty at all.

Bumper plug install. Dang dealer put holes in my bumper. Luckily only one on the front side. Didn't want to pay $150 bucks at the body shop. From a distance you can't really notice it. You have to be searching for it to notice it.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376611492.507977.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376611502.387512.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376611514.236913.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376611523.537662.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376611533.203897.jpg

Overall I love the car. I tend to picky. I just have to remember this car only cost $22,500. You can't compare it to a car 2x it's price.

Things I like the most
-the very smooth gearbox
-to me the engine sounds pretty good for stock (not talking about the exhaust)
-nice torque for DD (I was worried about this after driving my friends 8th gen)
-I like the MPG info display
-I personally like the seats. They seem pretty comfy to me.

Things I don't really like
-weak sound system (to me)
-I rather have a traditional coolant temp gauge. Not the idiot light that illuminates once its already too hot
-wished all the windows had one touch auto up/down
-HID headlights from the factory would've been awesome
-Bluetooth streaming seems laggy
-SMS playback doesn't seem clear to me

I agree that it should've came with HIDs/Xenons from the factory; at least projector headlights.

And yeah, the Bluetooth audio streaming does lag (something that didn't happen on my aftermarket Sony head unit w/ bluetooth in my '96 Civic), hopefully Honda will issue a firmware update for it.

About the sound system: for the first time, in a very long time, I listened to an actual CD in my car today. And I swear it was like the "premium" sound system came alive and finally performed the way it should. I too was disappointed with the FM/XM/USB/Bluetooth audio quality...but holy sh!t the sound came alive. Try it.

But hey, like you said, it's a ~$25k car. And it's a heck of a value - we get a lot of car for our money

Back