New Member Here

Tiki317

Hey everyone! I've been lurking on the forum for awhile now and so far I'm loving what I see. Currently the owner of 2010 PMM sedan (pics below) and my lease is up in February. This time around I'll be upgrading to the Si so I'm pretty excited. I've wanted this car since the moment I saw it way back when. At first I wasn't to keen on the 9th gen's but they really have grown on me and they are gorgeous especially in person. I have gotten a bunch of early termination offers but as much as I'd love to grab a new car as soon as possible I figured I'd wait to see what the 2013 refresh could bring. They better keep the Si...
Anyway looking forward to being more involved here, this site is awesome :fistpump:

My car as she stands now...

iPhone Pictures 186.JPG

iPhone Pictures 184.JPG

On the way to Montauk point!

iPhone Pictures 191.JPG

welcome to the site...your 8th looks good :thumb:
Do you have a preference on color, or sedan/coupe for your 9th?

Tiki317
"I have gotten a bunch of early termination offers but as much as I'd love to grab a new car as soon as possible I figured I'd wait to see what the 2013 refresh could bring. They better keep the Si... "

1st, Welcome, and your car looks nice, also like the wheels............. I'm wondering about your comment on termination offers.
This is my 1st lease car(I've always bought new)and I don't feel comphy with not owning, having thought about it after the fact(mileage restrictions/mod's/and last but not least .......... Even though they give me a guarantee of how much they give me on my car at the end of 3 years, doesn't give me a solid place on bargaining if/when time comes to re-lease or buy new. How do you work it?

Thanks everyone!

webby I'm definitely goin to go with the sedan seeing as its just more practical in my case, and most likely PMM again, just can't get enough of this color lol

Monk Well for me, leasing was just the better option at the time because I knew I would want a new car in 3 years plus the payments are so much lower. As for mods as long as you don't do anything crazy, say turbo, you can just take everything off at the end. It's true that you do not own the car but it never bothered me. The offers I've gotten consist of "$1000 if I return my car now and lease a new car". I visited a few dealerships so far and they told me that the civic has really good residual value and if I got the same car again they could most likely give me the same payments. As this was my first car, I'm not sure how I will approach getting a new one when it comes time. Hope this helps somewhat..

Well things have changed dramatically, seems I waited all this time just to end up getting a 2012 Si. Went to the dealer the other day just to see what kind of deals I could get on a new civic but they had some old ones on the lot (4 coupes). They offered me their Si coupe for $19,750 OTD!! To me it seemed like a deal I just couldn't pass up. The fact that it's a coupe was my only gripe but in all honesty I never have more than one other person in my car at a time. It is the color I wanted, PMM, so that's good. Of course I know of all the changes the 2013 has brought and I certainly had my mind on the new sedan, but being a college kid on a budget this deal is a no brainer. It will be another lease so in 3 years if I can't stand it (doubt it) I could always return it. Looking to close by the end of the week.... just wanted know what you guys think, I believe it's a damn good deal :vtec:

That's a pretty sweet deal. Sure there are some upgrades in the 2013, but for almost a $4,000 savings I would have gone with the 2012 also. And I love the coupes anyways, so I say great choice!!

Nardy Honda on Long Island, also got my current civic there. Good service for sure

Back