usacm2

Hi all, My name is Steve and I recently purchased a 2012 Civic EX/Navi in Polished Metal. I've been refering to this site for DIY videos and see there's a a lot of interesting topics, information and people... So I decided to become a member. At this time I don't have a pic to show, but I will soon (sorry). I had the dealer install factory fog lights during dealer prep and the following is what I have installed since: Compustar Remote Start, Hood Visor, Moonroof Visor, Decklid Spoiler, Body Side Molding, Stainless Exhaust Finisher, Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass, Blue Ambient Lighting, Trunk Tray, Trunk Lid Insulator, Splash Guards, Rear Cup Holders and LED Interior and License Plate Lighting. Project for this weekend is installing LED Angel Eyes. I am interested in making the headlights brighter, but don't really want to relpace the lenses or use a HID system. Would prefer just to change out the bulbs if possible... Something in the 5000k range to give me that bright white almost light blue look. Any suggestions would Be great! Soon I will put winter tires on the stock 16" wheels and upgrade to the HFP 18" Machined wheels for spring/summer. Windows will also get tinted next weekend. I would really like to install the HFP full body kit, but don't think it would hold up well during the winters here. If I'm wrong about that and it does hold up well, please let me know. Thanks, great to be here!

welcome to the site. Sounds like you've done a ton of stuff already! As for the hfp kit, there are a handfull of users from Canada who have the full body kit.

installation vid shows how the front/rear kit pieces are actually attached.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA1c5lJv1j8

Jump to 5:55 for HID install &
Jump to 9:30 for the rear hfp install.

as for bulbs, tinted halogen bulbs to give the hid effect will work. It's just a matter of them lasting any length of time. Some say the sylvania silverstars are decent, but you may get 6 months use out of them... maybe a year. Some have had better luck with them than others. Some bulbs you'll find on ebay may say lifetime warranty or whatever. Just be prepared to be swapping bulbs out at any given time. I've never really seen anyone say they've had good luck with any particular brand (lasting a year+).

Ok, Thanks... What about the LED Bulbs for the Fog Lights? Look good? Bright enough? Thanks.

Thought I'd add some pics of my current/former vehicles.

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L Quarter Front.JPG2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx-Exterior (7)-MOD.JPGIMG_0011.JPG2001 Ford Focus SE.JPG1997 Chrysler Town & Country LXi (18).JPG1993 Buick Century SE.JPG 1993 Honda Civic LX.jpg
1989 Chevy C1500.JPG 1989 Chevy C1500- Engine.JPG1989 Chevy C1500- Interior.JPG
Oh Yeah, I still have this one.

I try to keep them clean and detailed... I have always been a car enthusiast. The Odyssey, Focus and older Chevy Truck I still have, but the others have gone to new owners. And of course I have the 2012 Civic. Thanks for the info and link on the fogs!

Welcome to the forum!

I'm in Eastern Canada (so hella crappy cold winters) and I've got the full HFP lip kit. I'm having minor issues with the adhesive on the kit and I know a few other Canadian owners did too (letting go from the bumpers), however they are all being replaced under warranty so it isn't much of an issue. The kit itself holds up fine (no damage/cracking from the cold), I just think that a bad batch of the adhesive tape went out in the first round of kits as they were pretty quick to order in replacements when I mentioned it at the dealership.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm in Eastern Canada (so hella crappy cold winters) and I've got the full HFP lip kit. I'm having minor issues with the adhesive on the kit and I know a few other Canadian owners did too (letting go from the bumpers), however they are all being replaced under warranty so it isn't much of an issue. The kit itself holds up fine (no damage/cracking from the cold), I just think that a bad batch of the adhesive tape went out in the first round of kits as they were pretty quick to order in replacements when I mentioned it at the dealership.

and people scoff at me about screwing my kit down on my sedan..... well the sideskirts, the front and rear are into plastic bumpers, which isnt sooo bad.... how much is the full kit Jill? all said and done, it comes painted right?

and people scoff at me about screwing my kit down on my sedan..... well the sideskirts, the front and rear are into plastic bumpers, which isnt sooo bad.... how much is the full kit Jill? all said and done, it comes painted right?
As an add on with the car it was $1440 (including installation). Like Webby posted, they are already painted and you can buy it for less and do the install yourself if you prefer. Pretty sure your local Canadian prices will be higher that the College Hill prices though.

Back