New Part Release: Boomba Racing Motor Mounts

wesellcarparts

PA
Honda Civic Si 2012+ Boomba Racing Motor MountsAvailable in Red, Black, or Natural

Purchase Link:
http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=9610

More information is available here: http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/honda-civic-si-2012-boomba-racing-motor-mounts.4904/

SI12-MOUNTS.jpg

Looks nice.
I would be 1 of 8 for the discount price
;)

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

I brought my car in for test fitting and met with the guys over at Boomba Racing. Very friendly, very nice shop.

They pulled my car in, put it on lifts and took lots of pictures. The upper mount ended up being exactly the same as 8th gen si, but the lower mount actually matched the lower mount from the R18 8th gen. There is not a front mount, which we all found interesting. They installed the new mounts really quickly, set me up with some swag and sent me on my way.

First impressions:

There are more engine vibrations transmitted as I expected (really, you have to expect this as these are designed to connect the engine more directly to the frame of the car to stop the engine from twisting), but I really only noticed the extra vibration on starting from a stop. Normal cruising there is no sound/vibration difference. I will say that the car "feels" more tightly put together and there is more feedback, which I really like.

Will update when I have time. Picture is of the upper mount (red anodized). Will have to get a pic of the lower next time I have it up in the air.

103_3398.jpg

You can tell honda did what they could to keep costs down on this car, as seen by putting components into the new si from existing platforms and models (take the engine mounts, for example), yet despite this, the car is still a tad bit expensive for what it is. Besides the I-mid, I don't get the impression that any technical wizardry when into this car like the previous iteration of the si.

Anyway, I'm so happy to see that their are mounts available for this car! Makes me more inclined to just hop into an 2012 and not wait for the '13

You can tell honda did what they could to keep costs down on this car, as seen by putting components into the new si from existing platforms and models (take the engine mounts, for example), yet despite this, the car is still a tad bit expensive for what it is. Besides the I-mid, I don't get the impression that any technical wizardry when into this car like the previous iteration of the si.

Anyway, I'm so happy to see that their are mounts available for this car! Makes me more inclined to just hop into an 2012 and not wait for the '13
I don't necessarily agree with you spdandpwr. I think the engineers choose to use some parts from previous generations because the work well. Why reinvent the wheel if you don't need to. I guess when you build vehicles you have to decide where you are going to focus your efforts and energy. A total redesign from top to bottom would be a huge undertaking as well as being costly which is then passed on to the consumer.

Update:

I have been running the motor mounts for several weeks now and here are some more impressions.

I seem to remember noticing a difference when they were first installed, but not much anymore. The Boomba guys told me there would be no break-in with these mounts, so my best guess is I now feel it as normal. I have made changes in the past to other cars that wear on me (read annoyed the @#%$ out of me), but this one has blended into normal.

Biggest thing I can say is it passed the wife test. She is not at all a car person and she was annoyed when I lowered the car (a lot) due to a rougher ride.

Still quite happy with the mounts and would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to tighten things up and prevent wheel hop.

Update:

I have been running the motor mounts for several weeks now and here are some more impressions.

I seem to remember noticing a difference when they were first installed, but not much anymore. The Boomba guys told me there would be no break-in with these mounts, so my best guess is I now feel it as normal. I have made changes in the past to other cars that wear on me (read annoyed the @#%$ out of me), but this one has blended into normal.

Biggest thing I can say is it passed the wife test. She is not at all a car person and she was annoyed when I lowered the car (a lot) due to a rougher ride.

Still quite happy with the mounts and would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to tighten things up and prevent wheel hop.
Why is it that wives just don't seem to get it or at least just leave it alone. Where do you thing the saying "boys and their toys" :mad:

Last call on $177 Shipped in Continental US price. We will do this 2 more days and then price will be 185 Shipped.

Can we get the install instructions pdf'd for me? I found a link to the ilx mounts, I think these might work! I know the top dog bone is direct swap.

Ok, just been confirmed, these mounts fit the ilx 2.4 6 speed manual...part numbers are exactly the same between this and the si!

If it wasn't for my cracked windshield I would of bought these already, the extra vibration would probably split it up the rest of the way lol... :unamusedpopcorn:

Back