New to forum - First new car 2013 EX

Project510

Fremont
Vehicle Model
Civic EX
Body Style
Sedan
Bought my very first new car on 12/26. I always told myself I never would buy a new car but the wife has put her foot down. Once we get a house with garage space I can then purchase something much MUCH older and be happy.

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy the features a lot. Being able to plug in a flash drive and have literally ALL of my music collection at my finger tips is awesome. The cabin is much quieter than her 1999 EX and feels like a Mercedes compared to my 89 LX I just sold. I am a long time fan of the civic, I do think it is one of the best cars ever produced.

I do not appreciate the way the front end feels so huge tho, nor do I care to have the A pillars in full view but what can you do.. Today's safety requirements have changed the look of cars for the worse.. I much preferred the 2011 body style but by the time I was set on buying a new car it was too late.

Anyways.. here are the details

2013 Honda Civic Ex w/Navigation

$20,964.84 OTD

12 miles

Polished Metal Metallic w/black interior

i-wC9962Z-XL.jpg

i-G3KsGcx-XL.jpg

i-6NsFdQZ-XL.jpg

Overall the car is nice. I low balled and fought like heck to get them under 20k but gave up on the above mentioned price. I still think I got a great deal, I just don't fall into the category of buyers who are desperate to get into a new car. I'm not impressed with how the car feels suspension wise. If I put new shocks and springs on our '99 EX I bet it would feel quite similar.

Goal for the car is to serve as my daily driver car. I make monthly trips to the valley and Sacramento so now I have a reliable way to do so. I guess it will look good pulling in and out of the office. Responsible, simple and not flashy.

Mods will be subtle. I ordered weathertech floor mats because I am around a lot of children. I will swap out all the bulbs for LED and I am debating if I should stop there.

I have a set of 17x8 RPF1's that I can pick up any day from a close friend.. but then I would have to lower it.. and we all know what happens after that..

InKZrRu.png

it'll bite you :giggle:

Welcome to the site. You'll love the weathertech mats. They're incredible. Check out some of the other users build threads or the DIY section for ideas if you want. You may see some stuff you really like.

Hey, welcome to the site!

Nice car you ended up with. I don't think you'll be too disappointed at all. There are a lot of things you can do to make the car your own and address any shortcomings you run into. Webby definitely posted the right pic, and I think you know as well. One small change right? Just one? Hahahah.....

(Honestly, upgrade rear sway bar, its less than $200 and the car will handle awesome, even for a boring old DD, seriously.... search it.... loads of threads, progress 22 mm rear sway bar....)

Yea the no modding mind set is not going to last long. I'm already deep into the HID retrofit threads. These things look great with projectors!

Thanks for the welcome!

James

Looks great! I don't have the factory Navi on my Si, but I do have it on my Ody and love it! Congrats!

Looks great! I don't have the factory Navi on my Si, but I do have it on my Ody and love it! Congrats!

It seems to work fine, maybe I am just to used to using the waze app.. but I think it looks terrible. Reminds me of my brothers 03 Infinity QX4.
Welcome :wavey: Nice choice in color!

Thank you I got lucky, this was the exact color combo I wanted. Being the end of the year, and '14's rolling just days alter I thought I wouldn't get it.

Back