New to the civic fam!

chris_lx

Hey guys, just got this car about 3 months ago. Its a 2014 lx sedan
Ive put in some spec d tuning headlights with 8k hid. Have all internal led lights. Pair of 18 inch rims that my buddy gave me for a hell of a deal.
15% tint all the way around about to do the visor.
I need help on springs and tire size for my rims so i can drop an inch or inch and a half.

uploadfromtaptalk1414109816098.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1414109988641.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1414110010243.jpg

Welcome to the site! For a 1 in drop, Eibach Prokit is your best choice. H&R springs are also very good and give you around a 1.4" drop. What wheels did you get? And what offset? Wheel offset and drop from springs are usually the more critical aspects in choosing tire sizes.

Hey, welcome to the forum. Wheels and headlights is a pretty good start for only having the car 3 months!

Dar has some good suggestions for you. I bet a 225/40/18 tire would work well for you though. It will be pretty close to the stock size so your speedometer and mileage will be accurate. Also, that size should cover every wheel width from 7" to just barely 9".

Welcome to the jungle. Is your Civic auto or manual? Do you have any other plans other than springs?

Welcome to the jungle. Is your Civic auto or manual? Do you have any other plans other than springs?
Sadly its an auto haha but as of right now im waiting for sway bars and doing some digging to see if i have to camber or not

Welcome to the site! For a 1 in drop, Eibach Prokit is your best choice. H&R springs are also very good and give you around a 1.4" drop. What wheels did you get? And what offset? Wheel offset and drop from springs are usually the more critical aspects in choosing tire sizes.
Akuza black machined. Got them for a hell of a deal off a buddy of mine who i work with. They are 18 x 8 with +45 offset. If anyone can help thatd b great

Hey, welcome to the forum. Wheels and headlights is a pretty good start for only having the car 3 months!

Dar has some good suggestions for you. I bet a 225/40/18 tire would work well for you though. It will be pretty close to the stock size so your speedometer and mileage will be accurate. Also, that size should cover every wheel width from 7" to just barely 9".
They are 225 40 18 actually haha but i wanna lower and it doesnt look like i can tuck tire but not too sure

Akuza black machined. Got them for a hell of a deal off a buddy of mine who i work with. They are 18 x 8 with +45 offset. If anyone can help thatd b great
They are 225 40 18 actually haha but i wanna lower and it doesnt look like i can tuck tire but not too sure
You can definitely run those tires with a 1.5" drop and have no issues. I believe the Eibach Sportlines give about 1.5" of a drop.

You can definitely run those tires with a 1.5" drop and have no issues. I believe the Eibach Sportlines give about 1.5" of a drop.
Thank for the help and i should b getting the drop in the next few weeks ill post an update on it

Back