Newbie from the East Coast of Canada

MissE

New Brunswick, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si w/Navi
Body Style
Coupe
Hi folks! Newbie here from New Brunswick, Canada. Finally received my Si coupe last week and loving it so far! Suspension is a little squishy compared to my previous car (02 RSX-S) but I'll hopefully fix that once parts become easier to find. I added the aero kit when I ordered the car for a little extra "grrr factor" too :)

Sorry that the pics aren't that great, but it was filthy within 5 minutes of leaving the dealership thanks to our awesome Canadian winters so better pics will have to wait til the weather gets warmer!

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

Thanks! I'm looking into the HFP suspension as well but my dealership knows next to nothing about the stuff, they can't even locate a part number. Rumour has it that it's quite pricey (especially in Canada vs. US pricing) so I may wait and hope something aftermarket comes out soon. Debating on using my Enkei wheels in the summer that I kept from the RSX instead of the OEM wheels, haven't decided yet how they'd look on the civic as it's got a completely different body style.

These are the wheels on my old RSX-S... any opinions on how you guys think they'd look on the civic?
RSXpainted3.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

I loved them on the RSX but I'm not sure about the civic, I think it'd look better with a wheel that doesn't have a polished lip. The cheap-a$$ RTX ones I got for my winter tires actually look decent on it and they are a style I never would have chosen originally. They aren't really my style but I bought them used for only $200 in excellent condition as it was going to cost me that just for 16"steel ones.
RTX_Arsenic.png

I just find they rust fast around here (between ocean winds and salty roads), you need to tremclad them or something every year if you don't want them looking like crap. Either that or pop hubcaps overtop, but if you're going to go to all that trouble you might as well have actual wheels if you can get them for the same price. But I've had steelies like 12 winters in row (or something like that) so I'm so over them, lol. Not sure where you're from but everyone and their dog runs them in Canada in the winter, so no novelty here.

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new car. I like that color.

Welcome...Nice car...nice to see someone a little closer to where I live on here..I love the look of the HFP lip kit...I'm thinking about getting it for mine as well...I was at my local dealer yesterday and asked them about it...they said it would be just over $1400 installed....I asked them about the HFP suspension as well and they said they couldn't find the part number for it....One guy there said that I couldn't even get it for the SI because it already has a different suspension...Thats the quality of people working at my dealership

Back