NJ/NYC/PA - End of the Year Meet

Hondaddy

I was thinking before it gets frigid outside and everyone goes into winter mode, let's get a meet to jump start this forum. Any weekends good/not good? Also, anyone have any places in mind that's drivable for everyone?

@Dar-Dar @Nix did you ever go to the ne8thfest meets? Without digging, I figured you may know where some were held?

Reactions: Nix
Never been. I'm not much of a meet guy anyway.

@Hondaddy - What part of the North east are you in or were you hoping the meet to be in? I know a lot of the larger meets were held on Long Island in a park since so many people live there and it's a do-able drive for NJ, PA, and some DE/CT people. It's also only 5 hours from Upstate NY to NYC so you can get a lot of the Albany people too. I don't know how many there are in that area though.

I live in PA and I'm only 2 hours away from NYC. :wavey:

Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park has been used for a bunch of north east meets. If you're looking for a car friendly place to hold the meet. I know Ocean City MD has been a popular meet destination also. I don't know what kind of area you were hoping for but those are a couple suggestions I have.

Would be helpful if OP had an area he was hoping to meet in or near. I'm from upstate NY, Syracuse but i live in Kentucky now. I do head home quite often and I would be ok with driving a lot more to meet up if people wanted to.

western mass here id be in but i work weekends so :/

So I wanted to get a concensus of where people were travelling from to get a meet up area. I'll come up with a list of places in the next day or two and see what's more favorable with everyone.

Glad to see people are on board!

As far as

As far as weekends coming up in Nov Dec, any that stick out as a no go? I really want to make this as do able as possible since people back out over silly sh*t

If I am in upstate I am 5-6 hours to anywhere in NYC/LI/North Jersey. I could possibly be around during the time between TG and christmas.

Probably don't make it thanksgiving weekend would be my recommendation but I would have the most chance of being around then, surprisingly. Hehe. Also, how cold is it up there right now? Im pretty sure I remember snow flying by November quite often. Although the last couple years were really mild. No skiing until after new years. Buh.

You could call it the "snow tires meet" and since it'll be too cold to hang outside we can meet at a large restaurant and look at our cars from inside and dream of a nice spring/summer meet up. hahaha

@Nix assuming the stars align on this meet if your in ny we can meet up half way and cruise down if you like.

Reactions: Nix
Back