Noise after bump

ndowens

I am hearing, what I believe to be a clunk, when I hit bumps in the road, from what I can tell it is on driver side. I am not sure if it is relevant or not, but also when I brake after changing direction, for example if I was driving forward and then go in reverse and hit the brake, I tend to hear noise as well but the sound I believe is slightly different.

I've pushed down as much as I can on the side of the car to listen for the sound when I press the shocks down but I don't hear it when I do that.

You could have subframe or suspension components that aren’t completely tight. I had a similar issue. Honda threw it up on the lift and just started tightening a bunch of bolts and it was gone. Mine also did it in reverse when turning the wheel.

check your brake pads and make sure they arent flopping around. another thing you can try and slightly holding the brakes when going over a bump to see if the noise goes away. ive seen many vehicle with this issue at work ( not hondas though ) . worth a shot.

I did press brakes on some bumps that I believe I would normally hear the noise from and when I did that, I didn’t notice noise

I did press brakes on some bumps that I believe I would normally hear the noise from and when I did that, I didn’t notice noise
if the noise goes away when touching the brakes then i would take the wheels off and check your pads, make sure non of the clips that the pads ride on are missing. make sure the caliper bolts are tight.

Back